News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Welcome signs in New Jersey (and other states)

Started by bzakharin, December 27, 2016, 11:35:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHLBOS

Quote from: slorydn1 on January 27, 2017, 09:32:02 AM
The dash changed for '85 (as shown above), silver tones replaced woodgrain tones and the clock (digital-only) was moved into the radio display that same year.

For '86, the exterior got a facelift and the Impala badge went into what would be a 15-year hiatus (8-year hiatus if one includes the '94-'96 Impala SS sedan).  Woodgrain tones started reappearing on the dash that year (except for the radio & climate controls).  The upright hood-ornament was replaced with one mounted just above the grille.

For '87, composite headlights would appear upfront (as you mentioned), up-right hood ornament returns, and woodgrain tones appear on the radio & climate controls again.

For '89, rear-outboard seatbelts get shoulder straps (replacing the lap-belts of earlier vintages).

For '90, the outboard front seatbelt anchors are moved from the B-pillar to the front doors; such turned out to be a very controversial move (how secure was someone should the door fly open?) and showed up on other GM models.

If your dad's '86 had an analogue clock above the climate controls; it may have been a dealer or aftermarket retro-fit.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

slorydn1

Quote from: PHLBOS on January 27, 2017, 09:49:37 AM

If your dad's '86 had an analogue clock above the climate controls; it may have been a dealer or aftermarket retro-fit.

It may have been a dealer thing, but definitely not aftermarket. It was a leased vehicle. The company my dad worked for provided him with a company car every 2 years or 50K miles, whichever came first.

The company actually pressured the employees to reach the 50K mile mark as quickly as possible, they authorized all of the employees to use the vehicles for personal use as well. If it was taken on a trip for personal use my dad had to pay for the gas, otherwise the company paid for that as well. Spouses were allowed to drive them as well, as long as the employee had them insured on their personal policy and not the company's policy.

That's why we were where we were for me to snap that picture of a welcome sign in that vehicle, 650 miles from home. <my extremely weak attempt at driving this back to the topic of the thread>
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

KEVIN_224

Welp...the Vermont welcome sign on I-91 North is back to some extent!  :clap:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.