News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Stan Lee, Marvel Comics legend, dead at 95

Started by ET21, November 12, 2018, 02:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

triplemultiplex

Ah, too bad.  What life though.  Make it to 95 and have that kind of indelible impact on the culture?  I think he won.  :nod:
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

jakeroot

Well, on the bright side, at least they don't have to cram him in for another cameo. Never much liked that practice.

cjk374

Quote from: jakeroot on November 12, 2018, 04:53:08 PM
Well, on the bright side, at least they don't have to cram him in for another cameo. Never much liked that practice.

Just curious....do you include Stephen King's & M. Night Shamalan's cameos in their movies as well?

RIP Mr. Lee. Thank you for sharing your creative genius with us.
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

jakeroot

Quote from: cjk374 on November 12, 2018, 05:52:12 PM

Just curious....do you include Stephen King's & M. Night Shamalan's cameos in their movies as well?

Haven't seen as many of theirs as Stan Lee's, but yes I would.

english si

Lee's cameos seem very shorn-horned, especially the more recent ones: it's like for the last 5 years (so 20 films or whatever) they felt that the cameos needed to be hammy and go on too long as that would be funny.

US71

Rumor has it he pre-filmed several cameos for upcoming movies. Eventually, they will run out, unless they CGI him in.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kevinb1994

Quote from: US71 on November 12, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

Rumor has it he pre-filmed several cameos for upcoming movies. Eventually, they will run out, unless they CGI him in.

Chances are that CGI will come into play at some point.

jakeroot

Quote from: kevinb1994 on November 12, 2018, 07:34:27 PM
Quote from: US71 on November 12, 2018, 07:27:43 PM

Chances are that CGI will come into play at some point.

Quote from: english si on November 12, 2018, 07:16:21 PM
Lee's cameos seem very shorn-horned, especially the more recent ones: it's like for the last 5 years (so 20 films or whatever) they felt that the cameos needed to be hammy and go on too long as that would be funny.

That's an understatement. If they could all be like Iron Man, I'd be OK.

abefroman329

The Stan Lee cameos where he basically looks at the camera for three seconds (i.e. the three cameos in the Iron Man movies) are fine. The cameos where he has a fuckton of dialogue (such as the interminable one in Spider-Man: Homecoming) are the worst. The ones where he's shoehorned in (such as Thor: Ragnarok) are the worst.

SSOWorld

He had been filming his cameos in bulk lately due to this inevitability.  The second MCU Spider Man will be his last (Fittingly so)  R.I.P.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.