News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Bids opened for I-2 (US 83) extension at La Joya, $96 million

Started by MaxConcrete, October 03, 2019, 07:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprjus4

Quote from: Thegeet on November 21, 2023, 10:42:22 AM
Quote from: sprjus4 on November 19, 2023, 09:42:37 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on November 19, 2023, 09:05:12 PM
Is there any Interstate 2 signage erected yet?
Has there been any actual official plans of designation of I-2 along the bypass? I have yet to hear of that.
Sometimes they don't release that information until much later, nearing the designation.
Perhaps with I-69. I still have not seen any official plans to extend I-2 beyond its current terminus, let alone to Laredo. I believe that is all fictional.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Bobby5280

The exit numbers on I-2 definitely imply an eventual extension to Laredo.

The Ghostbuster

Interstate 2 will likely terminate at its future junction with Interstate 69W. Would anyone hazard a guess as to where exactly in the Laredo area 2 and 69W might meet?

Bobby5280

Most likely (in the long run) I-2 will end on Bob Bullock Loop just South of Texas A&M International University or just North of it. Those two locations are (IMHO) the most likely route alternatives where I-69W will leave the loop and divert to the East.

I think there is zero chance I-69W will be routed along US-59 all the way to the Bob Bullock Loop. There is just too much property along US-59 near the loop. It's easier to have I-69W bypass Lake Casa Blanca to the North. And they'll be able to kick the can down the road years longer on how to handle the portion of the Bob Bullock Loop that passes by the Casa Blanca golf course and Lake Casa Blanca levee. They'll deal with that problem if/when I-2 is built over it.

thisdj78

Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 21, 2023, 11:58:39 AM
The exit numbers on I-2 definitely imply an eventual extension to Laredo.

Yep. Assuming the exit numbers correlate with mile markers, that would put the beginning just south of Laredo.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.