7 (53.8%)
Sat May 7
9 (69.2%)
Sat May 14
2 (15.4%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: December 19, 2015, 05:18:41 AM

Brandon

I will host a meet in the South Bend - Elkhart, Indiana area this spring.  Above is a poll to find the best date for the meet.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg

Brandon

We will go along old US-112/US-112S, look at the reroute of Bus US-20 in South Bend, see some old Bus US-31 signage if it still exists, drive County Road 17, see M-217, and Old M-205, and just have a good time.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton

rawmustard

I think I'll have a St. Joseph County, MI, meet for the Sunday after. It would cover the Constantine bypass, both the Mottville and Langley bridges, and whatever else I can scrounge around. I would probably aim for an earlier start, with either meeting for breakfast or having lunch conclude the tour, so attendees would have plenty of daylight to get home or wherever they're going for the night.

Brandon

Quote from: rawmustard on September 21, 2015, 10:43:22 AM
I think I'll have a St. Joseph County, MI, meet for the Sunday after. It would cover the Constantine bypass, both the Mottville and Langley bridges, and whatever else I can scrounge around. I would probably aim for an earlier start, with either meeting for breakfast or having lunch conclude the tour, so attendees would have plenty of daylight to get home or wherever they're going for the night.

I like this idea.  It becomes a two-day, two-host meet that covers slightly different areas.  :cool:

vdeane

Cool.  That just made it more likely that I would choose to attend the meet.  I'm currently figuring out which meets I want to attend since there are so many good ones that require overnight stays.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

rawmustard

It should be noted, although the lowest total in the poll thus far, that May 14 is during Notre Dame's commencement weekend. I'd imagine it significantly impacts hotel stock and traffic near event sites.

jpi

I am ok with the May dates and even last weekend in April but that is good to know about May 14.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Roadgeek Adam

Considering I can get there with ease now, I'd be up for any of them really in April.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

A.J. Bertin

-A.J. from Michigan

Brandon

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on October 14, 2015, 11:34:26 PM
I voted for April 30 and May 7.

Those are the two dates I'm giving strongest thought to.  May 7 seems to be winning by a vote at this time.  Based on what I'm reading, April 30 might be better.

US 41

I might try to show up to this. I'm live somewhere between 3-4 hours away from South Bend (Terre Haute). It sort of just depends on my work schedule. It would be nice to get to meet some of the other members on this forum. It would also be a good chance for me to check out the US 31 construction / new segments and the new SR 25.
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

jpi

I personally am leaning toward 5/7 since 4/30 is fairly close to me returning from my PA trip but I think I can make it work, drive up Friday, meet Saturday, drive back to TN on Sunday. I am a definite maybe to going at this point :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

I know that voting is not quite yet closed, but I am choosing April 30, 2016 as the date of the meet.  It will be at 11 am, and the restaurant is to be determined.  I'm deciding between a few in the Mishawaka area, near the mall.

okroads

Much like the York, PA meet, this meet will be easier for me to attend than before since I now live in Ohio instead of Oklahoma. Of course, living in Oklahoma didn't stop me from attending Brandon's previous meets at Joliet & Starved Rock, but I digress. I'd say put me down as a maybe for now.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Brandon on December 16, 2015, 11:55:50 AM
I know that voting is not quite yet closed, but I am choosing April 30, 2016 as the date of the meet.  It will be at 11 am, and the restaurant is to be determined.  I'm deciding between a few in the Mishawaka area, near the mall.

Awesome! I am definitely planning to be there. Will you be creating an event for the meet on Facebook?
-A.J. from Michigan

Brandon

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on December 16, 2015, 06:27:29 PM

Awesome! I am definitely planning to be there. Will you be creating an event for the meet on Facebook?

Yes, within the next day or so.

Roadgeek Adam

Date wise, potentially, yes. However, I may need a ride from the Chi-town MA because the South Shore will not accept bikes, them bastards.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

jpi

Looks like this will be doable for me, I have a toy show in Dayton, OH on Sunday but should be able to do this road meet and peal off by around 6pm or so. If Steph can get Sunday off she would be able to come along too :-)
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

Brandon

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on December 16, 2015, 08:11:18 PM
Date wise, potentially, yes. However, I may need a ride from the Chi-town MA because the South Shore will not accept bikes, them bastards.

If you can make it here, to Joliet, I can get you the rest of the way.

Brandon

oscar

my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Brandon

Quote from: oscar on December 18, 2015, 11:55:00 PM
Quote from: Brandon on December 18, 2015, 06:54:34 PM
And we're on Facebook as well now: https://www.facebook.com/events/182674092084563/

That, for now, requires a Facebook login. Can that be changed?

I don't know.  I know that friends of friends can invite as well.  However people can commit or say "maybe" here as well.

SSOWorld

Quote from: Brandon on December 19, 2015, 12:43:55 AM
And we're on Facebook as well now: https://www.facebook.com/events/182674092084563/

I don't know.  I know that friends of friends can invite as well.  However people can commit or say "maybe" here as well.
It can, but public events are now spread more virally through notifications (so and so on your friends list is interested in this event) so that FB can "promote" events.  I'd be against making it private.  Of course I'm not going to say "my way or the highway"
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

oscar

Quote from: Brandon on December 19, 2015, 12:43:55 AM

If Facebook events pages were only to issue invites and take RSVPs, that'd be one thing. But in practice, a lot of the event planning often goes on there, with sometimes useful information not timely making it to this forum. That's why I check FB pages for road meets I'm thinking of attending (like this one), even though as a Facebook refusnik I can't participate in discussions there.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

US 41

Cool. If I don't work that day I will definitely try to make it for this meet. How many people usually show up to these out of curiosity? Do we all ride together when we go see stuff in the area or do we drive separately? (Never been to one of these before.)
Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.