Regional Boards > Mountain West

Interstate 11

(1/316) > >>

Interstate Trav:
Another article about Interstate 11.  I know the freeway is decades away, but it looks like it is gaining support.  One thing I don't understand is when people complain about it "Linking Las Vegas and Mexico", is that do these people not know I-15 exists?  I-15 ends barely 12 miles north of the Mexico Border in San Diego at I-5 whcih goes to the Mexico Border.  Also I-15 does go all the way to Canada. 

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2011/apr/22/mayor-interstate-11-project-could-be-commercial-bo/

NE2:
Read that as linking Las Vegas and the major part of Mexico. You wouldn't use I-15 from Las Vegas to get anywhere east of the Colorado.

DTComposer:
I'm more confused how I-11 would help get goods from the port at Long Beach to Las Vegas. From the article:

"The interstate would provide for a greater shipping flow of goods from the Southern California ports through the southwest, he said."

Going from Long Beach to Las Vegas via I-15 is 276 miles...going via Phoenix is 658 miles.

Interstate Trav:

--- Quote from: DTComposer on April 28, 2011, 03:55:50 AM ---I'm more confused how I-11 would help get goods from the port at Long Beach to Las Vegas. From the article:

"The interstate would provide for a greater shipping flow of goods from the Southern California ports through the southwest, he said."

Going from Long Beach to Las Vegas via I-15 is 276 miles...going via Phoenix is 658 miles.

--- End quote ---
I'm guessing that person has never opened a map.   Or can't add numbers.  Interstae 11 would actually act as an alternate to Interstate 5 in California.

Interstate Trav:
If they extend it to Reno, or further.  It's supposed to be a major trade route partially from a Possible to be built port in Mexico.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version