News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Changes to US 71B in Bentomville, Arkansas

Started by US71, January 18, 2020, 10:53:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

ARDOT has truncated US 71B in Bentonville. Originally following old US 71 (mk II) from I-49 at the Rogers City Limits (Exit 85) to I-49 at Exit 93 near Bella Vista, it has been shortened to run between I-49 at Rogers to AR 12 at Rainbow Curve. North of Rainbow Curve, it has been ceded to the City of Bantonville.
A short section of AR 12 east of AR 112 to US 71B has also been removed from the highway system and turned over to the city.

Other changes will be forthcoming including 71B in Fayetteville and 71B in Fort Smith.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

So they got rid of 71B north of 12 west, and 12 west from 71B north to 112, but kept US 71B south of 12 west? And 72 has a hanging end? That doesn't make sense. Is this in the minute orders? Have signs changed?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

US71

Quote from: NE2 on January 18, 2020, 02:36:37 PM
So they got rid of 71B north of 12 west, and 12 west from 71B north to 112, but kept US 71B south of 12 west? And 72 has a hanging end? That doesn't make sense. Is this in the minute orders? Have signs changed?

"Highway System Change Memo" in a pdf file (not sure how to post that here)   I don't know if the signs have changed yet. Weather permitting I may check tomorrow or Monday.

motorola870

Quote from: NE2 on January 18, 2020, 02:36:37 PM

These days truncating a business route makes no sense in the way states and cities plan them. TXDOT and the city of Mansfield Texas should be ashamed of how they handled handing main st. back to the city of mansfield. They rerouted farm to market 157 over the mainline US287 and ooh wee could not even dual sign it so now it is broken into two sections with no mention of the route change and it gets better they didn't even do overhead sign changes at the 157 north interchange where US287 business now heads north to meet with mainline instead of continuing south through downtown with a concurrency with 157 till the merge where mainline bypass ends. Oh but lets sign business US 287 as north going two directions where they truncated the business route that heads north towards Fort Worth. the signage at the the split actually says north US 287 business with a directional arrow pointing left and a parallel sign with US 287 business north with a straight directional arrow. It gets even better there is no mention of that FM 157 is making a left onto US287 to head south. They managed to sign the FM916 overlay of the portion city did not pick up to meet with FM157 and US287 south of town. I wish someone at TXDOT would wake and do signage properly instead of sloppy messes. Same crap happened in 2003 when Arlington was given back a portion of FM157 and it was rerouted over TX SH180 with a concurrency signage was never properly updated to reflect it instead sloppy signing.

US71

A few assorted pictures I took over the weekend

71B at 12 / Rainbow Curve. 71B only goes East  from here now.(corrected)

Covered up 71B Shield

Approaching AR 12 West along Walton Blvd

72 was routed around downtown several years ago using 71B/102/ SE J St (formerly112).
There are no other signs for 72 until one reaches Central Ave (AR 72 West).

bugo

Quote from: US71 on February 10, 2020, 12:13:43 PM

71B at 12 / Rainbow Curve. 71B only goes west from here now.

71B goes west of this intersection? Along Airport Road? Does it also go east or north?

US71

Quote from: bugo on February 12, 2020, 07:57:36 AM
Quote from: US71 on February 10, 2020, 12:13:43 PM

71B at 12 / Rainbow Curve. 71B only goes west from here now.

71B goes west of this intersection? Along Airport Road? Does it also go east or north?

East. (corrected)

bugo

I found a map, and here are the changes: US 71B now begins at the intersection of Walton Blvd and Regional Airport Road, and heads east on Walton towards Rogers. AR 12 and 112 both begin at the intersection of Regional Airport Road and the new relocated AR 112. AR 12 heads west while AR 112 heads south.  Regional Airport Road between AR 112 and the new northern end of US 71B is no longer a state highway. AR 72 still ends at Walton Blvd, former US 71B, leaving another hanging end. US 71B "south" east of the big bend in Walton Blvd is unchanged. The new end of US 71B is 1.481 miles west of I-40. It makes no sense to me either.

bugo

KamKam

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.