News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

ITR toll ticket barrier

Started by MrDisco99, November 02, 2015, 12:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrDisco99

I'm assessing the feasibility of acquiring and keeping an ITR toll ticket.

I was foiled last time by the fact that the east end toll barrier is unmanned.  Does the Portage barrier have human toll workers?

abefroman329

Quote from: MrDisco99 on November 02, 2015, 12:30:12 PM
Does the Portage barrier have human toll workers?

It did two years ago.  Probably still does today, I'm sure that end sees much more traffic than the east end.

sipes23

So far as I know, all the toll booths have people working in them. You can get a receipt for the toll you paid (and they're nothing very interesting), but nothing like the tickets you got back in the day on the Ohio Turnpike or the New York Thruway.

jwags

Quote from: sipes23 on November 14, 2015, 06:59:58 PM
So far as I know, all the toll booths have people working in them. You can get a receipt for the toll you paid (and they're nothing very interesting), but nothing like the tickets you got back in the day on the Ohio Turnpike or the New York Thruway.

Nope, almost all of the plazas are unmanned with automated machines. I do believe the Portage barrier still has them though. I really didn't pay much attention though because I just used my EZ-Pass the last time I went through.

jeffandnicole

Does the machine have an option for a lost ticket?

theline

All of the automated lanes have a "help" button. If you had lost your ticket, you could press the button and talk with an agent remotely. I've never lost my ticket, but availed myself of the help button once when I couldn't get the machine to accept my credit card. That was a long time ago, but I recall that I eventually figured things out. I've got an EZ Pass now.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.