News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickmastfan67

Quote from: florida on July 09, 2014, 12:19:03 PM
We've got two new state roads.

SR 925 comprises of both NW 3rd Court from NW 8th St to Flagler Ave (0.506 miles), and NW 3rd Ave from Flagler Ave to north of NW 8th St at the I-95 on-ramps (0.565 miles)

SR 960 is NW 14th St from east of NW 37th Ave (SR 836 off ramp) to 42nd Court (0.671)

US 1/SR 5 has been officially transferred off of Brickell on June 20th.

Any news if new signs are up yet for the US-1 re-route?  I'm kinda hoping they will also finally re-post US-41 back to the beaches since the update log on the change file submitted to the AASHTO still acknowledges that the end is out there still.

realjd

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 14, 2014, 10:03:26 PM

SR 925 comprises of both NW 3rd Court from NW 8th St to Flagler Ave (0.506 miles), and NW 3rd Ave from Flagler Ave to north of NW 8th St at the I-95 on-ramps (0.565 miles)

SR 960 is NW 14th St from east of NW 37th Ave (SR 836 off ramp) to 42nd Court (0.671)

Any news if new signs are up yet for the US-1 re-route?  I'm kinda hoping they will also finally re-post US-41 back to the beaches since the update log on the change file submitted to the AASHTO still acknowledges that the end is out there still.

As of last weekend, US1 is still signed on Brickell.

emory

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 14, 2014, 10:03:26 PM

I think you can dash your hopes for that right now.

Avalanchez71

It is is in the route log just ask them to sign it.  I would cc a copy to the committee that oversees the work of FDOT as well.

formulanone

Quote from: Brian556 on July 14, 2014, 03:09:56 PM
And, as an added bonus, Interstate FLORIDA 95. It's interesting that they could "FLORIDA" in the Interstate shield, and get it looking right, but use such a lousy font for the "EXIT TO CITY" text.

For Miami-Dade County, that's a "Best Of" sign. Usually, they'll use some sort of Arial or something stretched/compressed and call it a day.

emory

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 15, 2014, 05:48:02 PM
It is is in the route log just ask them to sign it.  I would cc a copy to the committee that oversees the work of FDOT as well.

As far as FDOT is concerned, US 41 ends at US 1. I don't really see the point of slapping another sign on an already signed route anyway.

NE2

At least one mention of US 1 on Brickell had been greened out by April 2014 (compare to July 2013). The contradictory sign pointing Biscayne Boulevard straight, immediately before these overheads, was still present in April. As were other signs pointing US 1 south along Brickell. I expect a quarter-ass job like US 17/SR 228 in Jax. Although the number of new shields required (as opposed to covering or removing old shields) is only four: northbound pointing left onto I-95, then pointing left where SR 970 splits, southbound pointing right onto SR 970, and pointing left onto I-95 south. And the Rickenbacker needs US 1 north added to the I-95 north signs. If they even do that I'll be impressed. I'll shitell a brickell if US 41 signage is added into downtown. And I'll pee buckets of cum if the ramps from US 41 to I-95 get US 1 shields.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jeffandnicole

Quote from: NE2 on July 16, 2014, 04:17:57 AM
At least one mention of US 1 on Brickell had been greened out by April 2014 (compare to July 2013). The contradictory sign pointing Biscayne Boulevard straight, immediately before these overheads, was still present in April. As were other signs pointing US 1 south along Brickell. I expect a quarter-ass job like US 17/SR 228 in Jax. Although the number of new shields required (as opposed to covering or removing old shields) is only four: northbound pointing left onto I-95, then pointing left where SR 970 splits, southbound pointing right onto SR 970, and pointing left onto I-95 south. And the Rickenbacker needs US 1 north added to the I-95 north signs. If they even do that I'll be impressed. I'll shitell a brickell if US 41 signage is added into downtown. And I'll pee buckets of cum if the ramps from US 41 to I-95 get US 1 shields.

Welcome back.

Mapmikey

With the update of GMSV I can now prove I wasn't hallucinating when I saw SB Brickell below 8th posted as US 41 South when I visited Miami in February...

http://goo.gl/maps/O5tkU

A quick tour on the updated GMSV shows only US 1 shields on Brickell in the Key Biscayne area.

Mapmikey

formulanone

Quote from: jeffandnicole on July 16, 2014, 06:24:05 AM

Welcome back.

Welcome, indeed!

Zeffy

Don't call it a comeback... so I'll just call it what it is: Welcome back NE2!
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

emory

Quote from: Mapmikey on July 16, 2014, 06:36:52 AM
With the update of GMSV I can now prove I wasn't hallucinating when I saw SB Brickell below 8th posted as US 41 South when I visited Miami in February...

http://goo.gl/maps/O5tkU

Which is an error by FDOT, as it's on the relinquished road that now belongs to the city. I did notice all the new Brickell Av overhead signs that replaced the old Brickell Avenue/US 1 signs.

amroad17

Good to see your posts again.  Welcome back!
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

agentsteel53

And I'll pee buckets of cum if the ramps from US 41 to I-95 get US 1 shields.

you should probably go to a doctor if that continues for over four hours.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

NE2

I finally got over to the Alexander Street extension north of Plant City, and signage has been changed in true quarter-ass fashion. The split of old and new is well-signed, with SR 39 using Alexander and CR 39 on Buchman. Signs on I-4 and its C/D roads put SR 39 on Alexander and CR 39 on Buchman. Ground-level signs at I-4 and Alexander, including southbound reassurance, show the latter as SR 39 in both directions (though at least one JCT SR 39A assembly remains on the ramp from I-4 west). But ground-level signs at I-4 and Buchman also show SR 39 going both ways. And no signs south of I-4 have been changed: SR 39 still goes through downtown Plant City, with a temporary truck route, and SR 39A still has an indeterminate end south of SR 574. At least a sign has been installed on Alexander south of downtown pointing SR 39 both ways, so those who continue down Alexander can turn right to stay on SR 39.

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

mefailenglish

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Brian556

QuoteIt looks like that proposed extension of the Osceola Parkway hits a snag with locals.

Interesting. The graphic provided by News 13 is not detailed enough. It looks like Puerta Del Soul was meant to be an extension of Osceola Pkwy, but from the description of them wanting to demolish new homes, that suggests that they want to make it a straight shot east along the county line over to CR 15.

roadman65

The latest construction project shows that Osceola Parkway will turn left onto Boggy Creek Road as two left turn lanes have been added EB and a full two lane turn with right turn signal that works with the left turn protection EB at Boggy Creek.  I believe that at the current Boggy Creek Road and Boggy Creek Road intersection it will continue straight across and yes straddle the county line and terminate at the current Boggy Creek and Narcoosee Road intersection.

The spur into MCO I do not know if they will upgrade the current Orange County Boggy Creek Road or just parallel it with another tolled freeway.  I would say that is tough considering all the homes along Boggy Creek Road proper.   Then again many are old and the trend now is to build new modern subdivisions and run out the old originally pre boom days homes like they did elsewhere in the region.

http://www.osceola-parkway.com/project-map-beltway.html#bottom Here is a better map.  Not much, but this one shows it deviating to the west of the current end of Osceola Parkway heading into the county line area.  Then the study area for the airport extension is shown wide around BCR in Orange.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

Quote from: roadman65 on July 30, 2014, 10:05:19 PM
The latest construction project shows that Osceola Parkway will turn left onto Boggy Creek Road as two left turn lanes have been added EB and a full two lane turn with right turn signal that works with the left turn protection EB at Boggy Creek.
Because they never build double turn lanes unless something bigger is planned.

http://www.osceola-parkway.com/docs/slides%20with%20notes.pdf
Looks like they're going to cut the corner through the vacant lot north of the intersection.

roadman65

https://www.oocea.com/TravelersExpressways/Expressways/CurrentExpressways/528BeachLine/ConstructionProjects.aspx  The Airport Toll Plaza on FL 528 is coming down permanently.  However its not time to rejoice just yet.  To pick up the slack the West Toll Plaza will charge the missing toll rate lost by this plaza and both Tradeport and FL 482 will be adding ramp toll plazas to and from the east in lieu of it being taken away as well.

Sheryl Crowe

DeaconG

Quote from: roadman65 on August 01, 2014, 08:34:08 AM
https://www.oocea.com/TravelersExpressways/Expressways/CurrentExpressways/528BeachLine/ConstructionProjects.aspx  The Airport Toll Plaza on FL 528 is coming down permanently.  However its not time to rejoice just yet.  To pick up the slack the West Toll Plaza will charge the missing toll rate lost by this plaza and both Tradeport and FL 482 will be adding ramp toll plazas to and from the east in lieu of it being taken away as well.

And way, way overdue; commuting from Brevard Country to Orlando via the Beachline, that's one of the major bottlenecks.  You do not want to be heading eastbound anywhere from 4-7 in the evenings, traffic will drop from 55-60 to 25-30 at the drop of a hat.
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Chris

Brian556

FLRoads

A full scope of this project (renderings, videos) can be found at www.trans4mation.org, with construction beginning in early 2015. Some right-of-way along I-4 has already been cleared in preparation for the project (like around Exit 80 for U.S. 17-92-441).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.