News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Compdude's Highway videos

Started by compdude787, March 13, 2017, 01:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

compdude787

So, for a while, I've wanted to make highway timelapse videos, much like the ones that Freewayjim and others have made. These provide me with great entertainment and I want to provide many other roadgeeks with the same. So, here's my first road video, of I-5 in Snohomish County between Lynnwood and Marysville. Enjoy!

There's much more to come; I just need to edit them and get them on YouTube. I eventually want to post videos of me clinching every Washington state highway, as well as filming various other roadtrips. So stay tuned for much more...

epzik8

That's really neat. I recall getting a few miles of I-5 in August 2011 going from the Seattle cruise terminal to the SeaTac Airport returning from an Alaskan cruise.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

compdude787

Quote from: epzik8 on March 14, 2017, 02:15:21 AM
That's really neat. I recall getting a few miles of I-5 in August 2011 going from the Seattle cruise terminal to the SeaTac Airport returning from an Alaskan cruise.

Thanks! The view from I-5 NB coming into downtown Seattle is quite spectacular.

compdude787

Here's my second highway video, showing the Alaskan Way Viaduct. Enjoy!

compdude787

Finally uploaded another video to YouTube showing I-90 between Seattle and Bellevue, filmed in both directions on April 21st, 2017. This was filmed a couple months before the express lanes permanently closed on I-90. (I didn't get to drive in them, because I was the only person in the car, and the express lanes are HOV only :( ) Anyway, enjoy!

MikeSantNY78

Quote from: compdude787 on December 30, 2017, 03:42:38 AM
Finally uploaded another video to YouTube showing I-90 between Seattle and Bellevue, filmed in both directions on April 21st, 2017. This was filmed a couple months before the express lanes permanently closed on I-90. (I didn't get to drive in them, because I was the only person in the car, and the express lanes are HOV only :( ) Anyway, enjoy!

Nice vid! Got me to thinking: I-90 routes through tunnels within a mile or two of BOTH its terminae: the Mercer Island Tunnel here, and the Ted Williams Tunnel near Logan Airport at the Boston end (thank you, Big Dig).  Wonder how many mainline Interstates can boast that!

Henry

Nice choice of music for your videos! Especially the classic Van Halen hit Jump for I-90, as they would later influence the forthcoming grunge bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

compdude787

I finally have uploaded another highway video. This time, I present to you US 2 eastbound over Stevens Pass. I filmed it last fall, and I also filmed in the westbound direction, and will be posting a video of that within a week or so. Enjoy!

compdude787

I uploaded a video almost two weeks ago of US 2 westbound over Stevens Pass but forgot to post it here. In case you haven't seen it yet, I am posting it here:

I will have some new videos coming out within the next week!

compdude787

Here's something a little different: a tour I did on board one of the ferries on Puget Sound, the Hyak. I mean...it sort of is about highways, given that the ferry routes are part of the state's highway system. Anyway, enjoy!

compdude787

Okay, here's one that's actually a highway video. This was filmed on the way to Deception Pass, which is a narrow passage with fast flowing tidal current at the north end of Whidbey Island near Seattle. Deception Pass will be shown in a future video, but this was filmed as part of that day trip. Towards the end of this video is the Skagit River Bridge, part of which collapsed in 2013 after being hit by an overheight truck. Anyway, enjoy the video!  :popcorn:

compdude787

Okay, I've just uploaded another video, this time of me driving to Deception Pass. Enjoy!

compdude787

Aaaand...another one!

Today, we are driving south on Whidbey Island on WB SR 20 from Deception Pass to the SR 525 junction south of Coupeville. As always, enjoy the video!

compdude787

Hello, today we continue our drive down Whidbey Island on SR 525. We then cross the ferry from Clinton to Mukilteo and continue south until we reach SR 525's terminus at Swamp Creek Interchange where it meets I-5 and I-405. Enjoy the video!

compdude787

Here's a freeway video--this time, on WA SR 16 westbound. This video includes the drive over Tacoma Narrows Bridge, as well as some footage of the never-ending construction on I-5 in Tacoma. Enjoy!

compdude787

Just uploaded another video to YouTube, this time showing the entire route of WA 304, including the ferry route from Bremerton to Seattle. Enjoy!

compdude787

I have just uploaded my first of a series of videos featuring the North Cascades Highway (SR 20). This video covers the beautiful scenery from Newhalem to Diablo Lake. I've been looking forward to showing this one for quite some time, so I hope you will all enjoy watching it as much as I enjoyed filming and editing it. Enjoy the video!
:popcorn:

EDIT: Forgot to post my previous video here, which was of SR 304 from Bremerton to Seattle, which includes the ferry ride between these two cities. Enjoy this one as well!

compdude787

I think this is my best video yet. It is a continuation of the last video, showing the drive from the Diablo Lake viewpoint to Washington Pass. Even though I've watched it a bunch of times, I still enjoy all the beautiful scenery, and I know you will too. Enjoy the video!

compdude787

Here's another video guys. This time, I'm continuing my journey on the North Cascades Highway east from Washington Pass to Winthrop. I did a bit of extra editing to the video to synchronize the speed of the video with the tempo of the music. I hope you'll enjoy how it turned out as much as I did.

compdude787

I just uploaded another YouTube video. This time I drove on SR 20 over Loup Loup Pass between Twisp and Okanogan. Yes, it is yet another mountain video, (I hope nobody tires of these) but given that I'm in Eastern Washington the landscape is much different--less trees, more brown grass, and more open skies. So enjoy, and I'd love to hear what you guys think about my video!

compdude787

I've finally uploaded another YouTube video. This one shows the drive across Sherman Pass eastbound on State Route 20 in eastern Washington. Enjoy!

compdude787

And here's another YouTube video: this time I have filmed the Alaskan Way Viaduct, which has now become historical footage now that the viaduct is closed with demolition now beginning on it. I also filmed the Alaskan Way surface street to give you all an idea of what the waterfront looks like right now with a big ugly viaduct. Finally, there is some footage from me walking inside the new tunnel on February 2nd as part of the grand opening celebration. Enjoy!

compdude787

I just drove through the new tunnel on Sunday morning, and here's the video I got. Enjoy!

AsphaltPlanet

Good work on this video. I was interested in seeing this new highway. Thanks for sharing.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

compdude787

I have now just uploaded another video, this time of another fairly new freeway: the North Spokane Corridor, signed as Future US 395, and located just north of Spokane, Washington. Enjoy the video!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.