News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Florida

Started by FLRoads, January 21, 2009, 12:31:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VTGoose

Quote from: roadman65 on June 27, 2022, 08:14:51 AM
Quote from: NJRoadfan on June 25, 2022, 03:00:45 PM
The plans show the south-to-east loop ramp there, just part of a C-D roadway with the north-to-east ramp merging in. I find it embarrassing that this project is taking SEVEN years to build from start to finish though and in a state that can do year-round construction no less!

Not to mention the Baldwin Bypass started after this project commenced and is since long completed.

Not that that was a speedy project either. It and the Starke bypass seemed to take a few years longer to complete than necessary. They all seem to be make-work projects (along with the I-95/I-295 construction) to keep people employed.
"Get in the fast lane, grandma!  The bingo game is ready to roll!"

roadman65

Actually my photos from 2018 for Starke showed then the beginning of that project which only opened in 2020.  So that was timely.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

D-Dey65

The plans show the south-to-east loop ramp there, just part of a C-D roadway with the north-to-east ramp merging in. I find it embarrassing that this project is taking SEVEN years to build from start to finish though and in a state that can do year-round construction no less!
Really? Because it looks more like they're showing the elimination of the south-to-east loop ramp.

Alps

Quote from: D-Dey65 on July 09, 2022, 06:39:38 AM
Really? Because it looks more like they're showing the elimination of the south-to-east loop ramp.

https://nflroads.com/ProjectFiles/5066/4288565-1%20Project%20Aerial.pdf

Alex

Was loading the ArcGIS Map of Florida Roads just now and noticed that the northern extension of SR 589 along the Suncoast Parkway was finally added. That prompted me to pan around and I discovered State Road 28 along Philip Griffits, Sr. Parkway looping north from U.S. 98 (Panama City Beach Parkway) to SR 79 (Arnold Road) in north Panama City Beach. The route measures 3.423 miles in length and was inventoried in the FDOT SLD's in April:

https://fdotewp1.dot.state.fl.us/slogis/blank.aspx?docId=108720

No signage installed for it as of May 2022 per GSV at either end. Not surprising given that SR 777 is still unmarked in Charlotte County four years after being established.

formulanone

SR 807 is now denoted on the BGSs for Congress Avenue (exit 50) on I-95.

Technically, it's a county road at that point, but it's the thought that counts.

rickmastfan67

Quote from: Alex on August 01, 2022, 02:29:58 PM
Was loading the ArcGIS Map of Florida Roads just now and noticed that the northern extension of SR 589 along the Suncoast Parkway was finally added. That prompted me to pan around and I discovered State Road 28 along Philip Griffits, Sr. Parkway looping north from U.S. 98 (Panama City Beach Parkway) to SR 79 (Arnold Road) in north Panama City Beach. The route measures 3.423 miles in length and was inventoried in the FDOT SLD's in April:

Interesting.  Keep me apprised if you ever find out it gets signage so I can add it to TM.

D-Dey65

Does everybody see this sign below on northbound US 1 in St. Augustine?

Do you know how long I've been trying to get an image of this sign on Wikimedia Commons? Now it's here. The only thing that would make it better is if the light was flashing.

Georgia Guardrail

Quick question regarding the West Palm Beach airport and I-95 interchange. 

Does anyone know or remember when the connecting flyovers from the airport (James Turnage Road) to I-95 were built?  My guess is early-mid 90s?

I think I remember there just being a parclo at Belvedere Road and I-95 when I was a kid.

clef

Quote from: Georgia Guardrail on August 20, 2022, 12:54:36 AM
Quick question regarding the West Palm Beach airport and I-95 interchange. 

Does anyone know or remember when the connecting flyovers from the airport (James Turnage Road) to I-95 were built?  My guess is early-mid 90s?

I think I remember there just being a parclo at Belvedere Road and I-95 when I was a kid.

roadman65

Well 9/23/2022 is the day cash tolls are no longer accepted on SR 570 in Polk County.  Toll collection ends on the 22nd and all personnel will serve their last day of employment.

Sheryl Crowe

US 89

Boooo. Not a fan of how common ETC-only is becoming down here. I may just have to find myself a Sunpass.

roadman65

It's the way of times.  PA, NY, and other places have rid cash payments years ago.

Sheryl Crowe

Alps

Quote from: roadman65 on September 06, 2022, 06:12:32 PM
It's the way of times.  PA, NY, and other places have rid cash payments years ago.
*some agencies in

D-Dey65

Hernando County wants to add a half-penny tax so they can pay for future county road and park improvements. Well, I went to their website, and I don't see any details on their planned projects.

https://hernandohalfcent.com/projects/

roadman65

Quote from: Alex on August 01, 2022, 02:29:58 PM

https://fdotewp1.dot.state.fl.us/slogis/blank.aspx?docId=108720

No signage installed for it as of May 2022 per GSV at either end. Not surprising given that SR 777 is still unmarked in Charlotte County four years after being established.

Just as SR 700 in Lakeland isn't marked either.  Both FDOT D-1 for these, so obviously they'll get around to it whenever the next paving project repaves both roads or another project.

Sheryl Crowe

Avalanchez71

Quote from: D-Dey65 on September 17, 2022, 12:01:35 AM
Hernando County wants to add a half-penny tax so they can pay for future county road and park improvements. Well, I went to their website, and I don't see any details on their planned projects.

https://hernandohalfcent.com/projects/
A half-cent will add up pretty quickly with this inflation.

wriddle082

Have all toll facilities in the Tampa and Orlando areas suspended tolls for the hurricane?  I know most of the facilities are automated, but it would be conducive to evacuation encouragement to suspend the tolls.  Especially along the I-4 HOT lanes through Orlando.

roadman65

As far as I know yes.

Sheryl Crowe

formulanone

Quote from: wriddle082 on September 26, 2022, 09:10:30 PM
Have all toll facilities in the Tampa and Orlando areas suspended tolls for the hurricane?  I know most of the facilities are automated, but it would be conducive to evacuation encouragement to suspend the tolls.  Especially along the I-4 HOT lanes through Orlando.

Yes, according to a source. When the governor declares a state-wide state of emergency, tolls are typically lifted for about a week.

https://www.fox13news.com/news/florida-suspends-tolls-including-in-bay-area-as-evacuation-orders-are-issued-ahead-of-ian

FDOT also says so.

This is what the VMSs looked before Hurricane Irma, in 2017:

Alex

Per an FDOT Facebook post today, tolls are suspended for the Tampa Bay area, Polk Parkway, Alligator Alley, the Garcon Point Bridge and the Mid-Bay Connector.

The suspension does not include Orlando, Miami-Dade or the Turnpike mainline.

During Dorian and Irma all were suspended on the Peninsula. SR 414 west with tolls suspended for Hurricane Dorian:

Avalanchez71

Let me guess the hordes of sheeple will plow their way through on I-75 and I-4.

Alps

Quote from: Alex on September 26, 2022, 10:11:36 PM
Per an FDOT Facebook post today, tolls are suspended for the Tampa Bay area, Polk Parkway, Alligator Alley, the Garcon Point Bridge and the Mid-Bay Connector.

The suspension does not include Orlando, Miami-Dade or the Turnpike mainline.

During Dorian and Irma all were suspended on the Peninsula. SR 414 west with tolls suspended for Hurricane Dorian:

Man, I should go clinching today.

74/171FAN

^I was thinking something similar last night.  Great minds think alike.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

NJRoadfan

A lot of the cross state highways are showing miles long backups. FL-50 in various areas, FL-60 East at Yeehaw Junction, FL-70 East at US-27. Right now I-4 is solid red eastbound from I-75 to just past Polk Parkway West and again from Polk Parkway East all the way to FL-417

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.