News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

East Coast Roads updates!

Started by dgolub, May 23, 2020, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

All right, following in the footsteps of several other content producers on this forum, I figured it would probably make sense for me to create on ongoing thread for updates to East Coast Roads so you all can find them in one central place.  With the coronavirus limiting my ability to travel longer distances, I've been focusing on Long Island and other areas within a 50-mile radius or so of my home over the last couple of months.  My most recent batch of updates consists of pictures from April 11.  That day, I took an early-morning drive out to the end of the Long Island Expressway (I-495) in Riverhead to get some good westbound pictures without sun glare.  Later in the day, I went down to Massapequa for a hike and captured some higher-quality images of NY 107 northbound from there to Hicksville on the way home.

dgolub

Pictures from an early-morning drive down the Hutchinson Parkway showing the current signage before the exits get renumbered:

dgolub

Pictures from a loop around NYC through Queens, the Bronx and New Jersey, featuring the Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95) with no traffic!

dgolub

A drive into Queens via NY 25:

dgolub

The westbound side of Veterans Highway (NY 454) and the Northern Parkway:

dgolub

Some surface roads in Nassau County:

roadman65

You captured a photo of a truck ignoring the "NO TRUCKS/COMMERCIAL VEHICLES" sign on the LIE going WB.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

dgolub

The southbound side of the Seaford-Oyster Bay Expressway (NY 135) after the Great Sign Replacement of 2013, along with some more county routes:

dgolub

Pictures from an after-work drive up to Norwalk, Connecticut:

dgolub

Pictures of the new MUTCD-compliant signage on the northbound side of the New Jersey Turnpike (I-95), plus another traffic-free drive on the Cross Bronx Expressway (I-95), albeit in the other direction this time:

dgolub

Pictures of the westbound side of Sunrise Highway (NY 27) on Long Island from where it begins in Shinnecock all the way back to the Meadowbrook Parkway in Merrick:

dgolub

Some more surface roads on Long Island:

dgolub

A morning drive up to Rockland County via New Jersey:

dgolub

Some more surface roads, mostly county routes, in Nassau County:

dgolub

Updated pictures of some more Long Island parkways after the Great Sign Replacement of 2013:

dgolub

Pictures from a trip up to the Croton Dam, taking the out-of-the-way route through Connecticut:

dgolub

More surface roads on Long Island:

dgolub

All right, time for a big one!  Here's pictures from a Hudson Valley day trip, my first proper day trip since the coronavirus.  Highlights include Sheridan Boulevard (NY 895) in the Bronx, the Bronx Parkway, the Sprain Parkway, the Bear Mountain Bridge (US 6/US 202), I-684 southbound, US 202 and NY 35 across Westchester County, and a batch of county routes in Rockland County.  Enjoy!

dgolub

A day trip to Westchester County:

dgolub

Some more Suffolk County photos from a run out to Stony Brook:

dgolub

Meandering around Westchester County a bit on the way to Rockefeller State Park:

dgolub

Pictures from a couple of trips out to Suffolk County, including high-quality images of the Southern Parkway and some county routes:

dgolub

Pictures from a trip to the Ward Pound Ridge Reservation via a somewhat indirect route to facilitate getting some pictures of the Henry Hudson Parkway (NY 9A) and the Saw Mill Parkway, as well as some more state routes in Westchester:

dgolub

Pictures from a Hudson Valley day trip.  Highlights include the completion of cashless tolling on the New York Thruway (I-87) in Yonkers, the completion of construction on the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge, milepost exit numbers on I-84 in New York, and updated and additional pictures of NY 52.
  • New pictures of the New York Thruway (I-87) northbound at exits 6-8 showing the completion of cashless tolling in the area.
  • New pictures of the New York Thruway (I-87/I-287) northbound at exits 9-11 showing the completion of all construction on the Governor Mario M. Cuomo Bridge.
  • New pictures of I-84 eastbound in New York showing the new milepost exit numbers at exits 36-39.
  • New pictures of the ramp for exit 17 of the New York Thruway (I-87), including its soon-to-be-demolished toll plaza.
  • New pictures of Albany Post Road (US 9W) northbound in Newburgh.
  • New pictures of US 9W northbound from Marlboro to Milton.
  • New pictures of Center Street (NY 52) eastbound in Ellenville.
  • New pictures of Milton Turnpike (Ulster CR 10) westbound.
  • New pictures of NY 52 eastbound from the Shawangunk Ridge to Pine Bush.
  • New pictures of NY 52 eastbound from Pine Bush to Walden.
  • New pictures of NY 52 eastbound in Walden.
  • New pictures of South Plank Road (NY 52) eastbound from Walden to Newburgh.
  • New pictures of I-84 eastbound in New York showing the new milepost exit numbers at exits 50-52.
  • New pictures of I-684 southbound at exits 9E-W.
  • New pictures of the ramp for exit 2 of the Yankee Expressway (I-84) in Connecticut.
  • New pictures of I-84 eastbound in New York showing the new milepost exit numbers at exit 58-68.

dgolub

More assorted Long Island and Westchester pictures:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.