News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Erroneous road signs

Started by FLRoads, January 20, 2009, 04:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellfighter

This was taken on southbound I-75

froggie

QuoteThat's only the second posting of a US highway in a secondary route shield I know of in Virginia, other than the SR 220 shields in Rocky Mount that the Virginia Hwys Project has photos of.

There's a set of new "SR 340" shields south of Front Royal, near the Page/Warren County line.  I have photos but haven't gotten to uploading them yet.

thenetwork

Here is one from beautiful, downtown Minturn, CO.  This is supposed to be a trailblazer for US-24 and not CO-24.

By the way this is about 3 miles away from the moder-day western terminus of US 24 at I-70...Maybe C-DOT is looking to truncate US-24 even more??  :-D

ctsignguy

Quote from: Hellfighter on June 18, 2009, 08:12:36 PM
This was taken on southbound I-75

That is a goof alright...that is supposed to be BUSINESS LOOP 75 on old US 25 there (lived there for a few years back in the late 80s).....
http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u102/ctsignguy/<br /><br />Maintaining an interest in Fine Highway Signs since 1958....

Hellfighter

Michael

Hensepens

They told me to put the word EAST on. Nobody told me to remove NORTH. So, I don't   :ded:

Hellfighter

Here's one that been posted all over the new area in Detroit. But why did we change states...

thenetwork

If only M-DOT would have would have erred with  a US Shield, then it would have been a nice nod to the past (when the Lodge Freeway was US 10).

The closest state from Detroit to use a circle shield would be about 250 miles to the south in Kentucky.

Hellfighter

This isn't the only instance. For example, when Oakland County replaces a state highway sign, they do this.

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: froggie on June 20, 2009, 09:13:18 AM
A new one I noticed this morning:  we apparently have a "US 233" in Arlington, VA.  Even has a white border...

Where in Arlington is that one?
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

deathtopumpkins

Nothing very major, but I noticed when stuck in traffic the other day that the Exit 268 sign on I-64 Eastbound in Hampton shows VA-169 EAST, when VA-169 is signed North-South. East should be north.

(sorry for the poor photo quality, this was taken on my phone)
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Hellfighter

Here's one, courtesy of rawmustard...

mightyace

^^^ doh!

That might look right on 94 between Chicago and Milwaukee though.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Hellfighter

and another rawmustard pic...

US71

I found a couple on my trip last weekend to OKC. I'll post them as soon as I get them sorted.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

Quote from: Hellfighter on June 30, 2009, 04:06:30 PM

from the department of redundancy department :rofl:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

rawmustard

Quote from: Master son on June 30, 2009, 05:16:52 PM
Quote from: Hellfighter on June 30, 2009, 04:06:30 PM

{gosh, I actually quoted an image in the past? Mere oversight}
from the department of redundancy department :rofl:

That one did get replaced with this one, while the errant I-94 shield was replaced with an I-194 shield which was a two-digit blank. Last I knew, that assembly was still knocked down.

Hellfighter

agentsteel53

what is the error on the Candy Mountain sign?  other than that it is aesthetically displeasing, and features a surface-level TO banner nailed up there?
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: agentsteel53 on June 30, 2009, 07:37:01 PM
what is the error on the Candy Mountain sign?  other than that it is aesthetically displeasing, and features a surface-level TO banner nailed up there?

I think he was going more for the fact that it says Candy Mountain on it. ;)

"It's a magical liopleurodon, Charlie!"
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Hellfighter

SSOWorld

I wouldn't call sign that erroneous - I'd call that funny as hell! :-D
Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

Hellfighter

Quote from: Master son on July 01, 2009, 12:48:58 PM
I wouldn't call sign that erroneous - I'd call that funny as hell! :-D

Someone might who isn't a roadgeek!   :-D

SSOWorld

I'm confused

Well, so much for the car.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.