Songs that remind you of a stretch of road

Started by CapeCodder, August 06, 2017, 10:02:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Desert Man

Palm Drive and Desert View Avenue - Desert Hot Springs, CA - USA - worst neighborhood in the first world. At night, it should remind us of a 1980s song about bad ol' Electric Avenue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtPk5IUbdH0

Google earth street image of Desert View Ave. as well the entire town.
11889506_916409268432692_70539498217261074_n.jpg

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.9578171,-116.5006877,164m/data=!3m1!1e3
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

sparker

Quote from: sparker on September 02, 2017, 03:15:57 PM

Also Steely Dan's "Babylon Sisters" (from the beyond-superb Gaucho album); it ended up being loaded into the car playback system whenever I was out on CA 1 through Malibu or Point Dume.  Still a classic!

R.I.P. Walter Becker (1950-2017), co-founder and musical heart of Steely Dan. 

To his (and co-writer Donald Fagen's) eternal credit, they insisted that their recordings be done with high precision and high resolution; in that respect Steely Dan's albums just got better and better one after another.  Their amazing songwriting and arranging skills didn't hurt, either!  I still utilize several of their efforts when I evaluate audio equipment.  Sad to think the Dan won't be a future musical force -- fortunately, they left quite a history!

DandyDan

This is almost too ridiculous, but once when I was driving east from Omaha on I-80, I heard the Metallica version of "Turn the Page", with that lyric of "a long and lonesome highway,  east of Omaha". The other ridiculous story is one time I was driving home from work, after midnight, on Cornhusker Road between Bellevue and Papillion, NE, when the Wallflowers "One Headlight" came on, back when it was a new song. It gets to the part where they go "we can drive it home, with one headlight", and then the one headlight flickers and goes out.
MORE FUN THAN HUMANLY THOUGHT POSSIBLE

ColossalBlocks

Lynyrd Skynyrd's Free Bird reminds me of US 65 between Springfield and the Arkansas state line.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.