News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Potential Minneapolis/St. Paul meet?

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, February 26, 2010, 01:42:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Dan inquired about this sometime in the middle of last year that some of you guys were interested in having a meet in the Twin Cities, and pretty much designated me as the primary "host" of the meet, since I'm a Twin Cities resident :sombrero:. Or at the very least, if I don't come back to the Twin Cities and opt to stay in Duluth over the summer somehow, I can make it back for a meet.

Dan said it would most likely happen this summer, but I think that it's close enough to where I can start gauging interest.

Who would be interested in coming, and when would the best time of the summer be for you?
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

DanTheMan414

I would definitely be interested.  However, I think there is a 2-day tour planned for central Iowa roadgeeking in late July (c/o Jeff Morrison), so if you're figuring something out for MSP, keep that in mind.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: DanTheMan414 on February 26, 2010, 01:50:33 PM
I would definitely be interested.  However, I think there is a 2-day tour planned for central Iowa roadgeeking in late July (c/o Jeff Morrison), so if you're figuring something out for MSP, keep that in mind.
I get out of school in mid-May, so anything from then until the end of August is open for me.

A.J. Bertin

I am VERY interested in attending this meet! My preference would be mid May through early July. I just know that the latter part of July (July 23 through August 2 or so) would be out.

This is exciting!

-A.J. from Michigan
-A.J. from Michigan

corco

My summer schedule appears to be unfolding so that I'll be working 10 days on, 4 days off, the 4 days off being every other weekend which works perfectly for going to road meets. Best time for me would be mid-June through August

Alex

If I am heading to MSP this year, it will likely be in June. Will know more in the coming weeks.

froggie

Whereas I'll likely be there sometime in July.

A.J. Bertin

Has anything been decided yet regarding this potential meet? I'm still very interested in attending if there is one in Minneapolis/St. Paul.

-A.J. from Michigan
-A.J. from Michigan

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

froggie

If nothing else, I can plan a quick weekend thing while I'm out there...though when I'll be out there is still TBD.

hbelkins

Did this idea assume room temperature?

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheHighwayMan3561

Bumping this to see if there's any new interest since we're closer to the potential dates. As far as I know, every weekend this summer works for me until further notice.

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
Raise your what?

rawmustard

Quote from: Master son on June 23, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Middle of July works for me.

God help us if someone decides meets in both Iowa and Minnesota should happen at the same time. :ded:

hbelkins

Quote from: Master son on June 23, 2010, 03:36:14 PM
Middle of July works for me.

I was just gonna say -- Iowa is July 16-17.

http://homepage.mac.com/jeffmorrison/roadmeet10.html

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

TheHighwayMan3561

July 16-17 is my birthday weekend anyway, so that might actually be better off not being the meet weekend (not that meeting you guys would be a bad present or anything).

Any other thoughts?

SSOWorld

than it's going to be a rough one  July is not a good month for sure.  When do you start school again?  (Judging by my knowledge of UW system - after Labor Day).  How about Late August? (Providence meet on 8/7)

On that note - It's about time Jeff said something ;)
Scott O.

Raise your what?

corco

I can fully commit to a meet almost any time between August 18th and Thanksgiving, and if it were before Labor Day that would be even better

TheHighwayMan3561

getemngo

I'd prefer late September, but it looks like I'm out-voted.
~ Sam from Michigan

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: getemngo on July 02, 2010, 01:04:02 AM
I'd prefer late September, but it looks like I'm out-voted.
That doesn't work for me anyway, because I have to go back to college at the end of August or beginning of September.

froggie

QuoteI'd prefer late September, but it looks like I'm out-voted.

I'll likely be back home around Thanksgiving timeframe.  I'm entertaining the thought of doing a meet or a mini-meet around then.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: froggie on July 02, 2010, 07:52:18 AM
QuoteI'd prefer late September, but it looks like I'm out-voted.

I'll likely be back home around Thanksgiving timeframe.  I'm entertaining the thought of doing a meet or a mini-meet around then.

I doubt anyone could really make it unless they really want to squeeze themselves, but I'll be home around then too.

I also will probably have 3 weeks after New Year's where we could have a meet - but be warned, it'll probably be cold.

froggie

The nice thing about a late fall meet this year would be the ability to view completion of both the Crosstown Commons and the I-94/MN 101 flyover you mentioned in another thread.  You won't get that with a July or August meet.

Much (but not all) of the US 169 Devils Triangle project should be completed by this fall as well.

SSOWorld

If you're thinking thanksgiving day - definitely not :P  but I can drop by for a day on the way back assuming it isn't snowing.
Scott O.

Raise your what?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.