News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

New Haven road meet - official annoucement

Started by Duke87, June 04, 2011, 04:51:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

I won't be.  Had been on the fence about going, but a good friend of mine down here is leaving for grad school soon, and his going away party is that night.  Sorry...

vdeane

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Roadgeek Adam

95 can be nuts at any point from when I've gone.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

Duke87

Heading out you might hit a little traffic around Waterbury. Otherwise, trouble is unlikely.

Heading home, I-95 is I-95, but on a Saturday evening it's most likely going to be fine.

On another note, I made the reservation at SBC today. The private room is ours. A good turnout from the maybes will put us in excess of 20 attendees.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Roadgeek Adam

Quote from: Duke87 on July 18, 2011, 06:09:15 PM
On another note, I made the reservation at SBC today. The private room is ours. A good turnout from the maybes will put us in excess of 20 attendees.

Record is 27 set at Baltimore, so good luck :)
Adam Seth Moss

vdeane

Quote from: Duke87 on July 18, 2011, 06:09:15 PM
Heading out you might hit a little traffic around Waterbury. Otherwise, trouble is unlikely.

Heading home, I-95 is I-95, but on a Saturday evening it's most likely going to be fine.

That's good to know.  Looks like a half hour or so of extra time just in case is all I'll need.  Not that I've ever had problems with Google underestimating how long a trip will take (if anything they usually overestimate).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

mtantillo

The restaurant website has directions...from "Interstate SR 15".  Ugh! :pan:

Dougtone

Quote from: mtantillo on July 19, 2011, 01:26:23 PM
The restaurant website has directions...from "Interstate SR 15".  Ugh! :pan:

I saw that.  It may be just a quick copy and paste oversight from the previous entries in their directions page (SBC has a handful of locations), but then again, maybe not.

As for me, I plan on getting some Connecticut state route mileage around New Haven that I still need, before the meet.  While I intend on enjoying lunch with the group and going for part of the tour, I am planning to veer off from the meet after the 91/95/34 interchange-ish portion of the meet, so I can venture east and north.

hbelkins

As much as I wanted to come to this, especially since the Wausau meet fell through, looks like I am going to have to pass. Way too much going on at home to be able to make a journey of this length. I am happy to report that the sick kitty seems to be improving, though.

Now I'm going to try to set my sights on the Central New Jersey meet in August.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Duke87

Hmm... looks like my photo ended up a little off-center. Adam, I'm blaming your tripod. :-P

Anyways:

Left to right: Adam Moss, Daniel Case and son, Doug Krause and son, Rob Malme, John Housty, Doug Kerr, Anthony Costanzo (kneeling), Corey Dukes, Dylan Lainhart, Steve Alpert, Jon Deane, Mike Tantillo, Lou Corsaro, Carl Tessier

Despite me making a wrong turn, despite an ugly detour due to unexpected street closure that got a couple of us lost, despite us not being able to make our most important stop due to it being swarming with cops and construction workers when we got there, and despite my friends from New York bailing on me, we had a good turnout and an all around good meet. Thanks to all who came and all who wanted to come but couldn't!

hbelkins

Glad you guys had a good time. Sorry I missed the fun, but I don't like the heat and probably would have melted had I been outside for too long. Going to try to see some of you in Jersey next month if circumstances will allow.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Alps

Duke87

Quote from: Steve on July 24, 2011, 11:13:11 AM
Hey, I'm a friend from NJ, not NY!

I wasn't talking about you, silly. :-P I have a couple friends from New York (City) who were supposed to come but ended up being unable to make it on account of a power outage. I may bring them to Central Jersey in a few weeks instead.

yanksfan6129

Yeah I wish I could've gone but apparently I didn't request the day off for work, and given that I called in "sick" just a week and a half ago, I felt like I should go to work. Not to mention, I ended up scratching a bit of a roadgeek itch on Friday afternoon/evening with a last-minute trip up to Albany and Troy anyway.

Roadgeek Adam

Can it Duke, you could have adjusted it yourself :p
Adam Seth Moss

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.