News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Places where working pay phones still exist

Started by roadman65, February 24, 2021, 01:40:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on March 17, 2021, 01:08:31 PM
Quote from: Life in Paradise on March 17, 2021, 01:06:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't ...

Isn't that the premise of this whole thread?  It's generally unsurprising if there aren't any working pay phones somewhere.

The classic double-negative.

Life in Paradise

Quote from: kphoger on March 17, 2021, 01:08:31 PM
Quote from: Life in Paradise on March 17, 2021, 01:06:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't ...

Isn't that the premise of this whole thread?  It's generally unsurprising if there aren't any working pay phones somewhere.

OK guy, classic brain fart on the grammatics.  "I wouldn't be surprised if there were pay phones working in that West Virginia area of the National Radio Astronomy Observatory".  It's a good thing my mother isn't on this site (former English major and teacher)......or Mom, was that you?

kphoger

For the record, I had to read my own reply about four times, just to be sure I wasn't doing the same thing.  That would have been funny.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.