News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Paramount+

Started by kevinb1994, March 01, 2021, 09:29:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: roadman65 on March 02, 2021, 11:35:38 PM
I can't wait to see Picard.

The stories were good but I just couldn't get into the new characters because the writers were trying way too hard to emphasize them being the antithesis of the TNG crew. And the female villain was so boringly, stereotypically written that a 5-year old could have created her arc. I hated her because she was incredibly stupid and formulaic and not because she was evil. Not that the male one was much better.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Henry

I have a few predictions for the Frasier reboot: Because John Mahoney (who played Martin in the original series) passed away recently, there'll be an episode where the title character returns to Seattle from wherever he is now and visits his father's grave alongside his brother Niles and sister-in-law Daphne (the former caretaker for Martin). Also, I believe that he will still be a radio host (and Roz his producer once again who eventually becomes station manager), but based out of either San Francisco or Chicago as in the series finale, he had to choose one city or the other. We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out, since it won't begin until 2022 at the earliest. Which would make sense, as that year will mark the 40th anniversary of the series it was spun off of, Cheers.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

snowc

Quote from: I-39 on March 01, 2021, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 01, 2021, 10:14:20 PM
Quote from: I-39 on March 01, 2021, 10:12:40 PM
Eh, I'm not sure. It's still going to be vastly inferior to Netflix and Disney and even HBO Max. What exciting new content are they producing that people are genuinely excited about.

I'll say it again, Netflix should buy ViacomCBS. They would be a powerhouse together.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a fan of media mergers.

It's all about scale these days. ViacomCBS will have to be purchased or merged into someone else at some point, they don't have the scale to compete. This is especially true if NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia end up be spun off from Comcast and AT&T and merged together.
Spectrum's former company in NC was called Time warner Cable and when timewarner(now known as warner media) spun off the cable company, they eventually became spectrum. Spectrum mobile is now their focus point, so I'm not going to be surprised if Spectrum spins off the internet, television and home phone division, and eventually being like Sprint, spinning their phone and internet division off to Embarq, only to be bought out by CenturyLink (now known as LumenTech), whilst the parent company Sprint being bought out by T-Mobile.

snowc

Quote from: I-39 on March 01, 2021, 10:31:28 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 01, 2021, 10:26:27 PM
Quote from: I-39 on March 01, 2021, 10:23:47 PM
Quote from: kevinb1994 on March 01, 2021, 10:14:20 PM
Quote from: I-39 on March 01, 2021, 10:12:40 PM
Eh, I'm not sure. It's still going to be vastly inferior to Netflix and Disney and even HBO Max. What exciting new content are they producing that people are genuinely excited about.

I'll say it again, Netflix should buy ViacomCBS. They would be a powerhouse together.
Maybe, maybe not. I'm not a fan of media mergers.

It's all about scale these days. ViacomCBS will have to be purchased or merged into someone else at some point, they don't have the scale to compete. This is especially true if NBCUniversal and WarnerMedia end up be spun off from Comcast and AT&T and merged together.
Like that will ever happen.

I don't think it's likely, but I wouldn't rule it out. BTW, it's not just my speculation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanberr/2021/01/31/would-nbcuniversal-and-warnermedia-be-better-off-together/?sh=37c7d6f3edc2
i fixed your url for you in the quote.

snowc

Quote from: cabiness42 on March 02, 2021, 12:17:56 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on March 01, 2021, 10:44:28 PM
I wish all of the streaming services would license their content to each other, so you could see the same stuff no matter which one you subscribed to. It's starting to become like cable, except you have to pay $9 a month for each channel.

What I'd like to see is for streaming services to package their live channels with their premium streaming services so we can just completely do away with third party providers. You get a package of CBS/Viacom channels with Paramount+, a package of NBC/Comcast channels with Peacock, a package of Disney/ABC channels with Disney+ and/or ESPN+, a package of Discovery channels with Discovery+, a package of Warner channels with HBO Max, and Fox would have to come up with a streaming service to package with their channels.
I hope they add Garfield and Friends to there, you only get to see 30 episodes on Boomerang, only to be bought out by CBS and halting the restoration process. Maybe Paramount+ will have GF and Friends. I hope they have ALL 7 seasons, not the specials (for roku users, you can get that via the kids and family app). I even saw a commercial that had a cameo appearance of Garfield.
For people who don't know who Garfield is, look at its respective wiki here
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Garfield

triplemultiplex

Quote from: snowc on March 03, 2021, 02:30:18 PM
For people who don't know who Garfield is...
:-D
Thanks, I needed a good laugh.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kphoger

Quote from: snowc on March 03, 2021, 02:25:02 PM
Spectrum's former company in NC was called Time warner Cable and when timewarner(now known as warner media) spun off the cable company, they eventually became spectrum.

Of course, Spectrum is really just Charter.

VPN access

Invoicing BI site

And I'm looking at a work order right now that says "Charter Communications" at the top, but service items are listed as "Spectrum Internet" and "Spectrum Guide" etc.–as they all do.

Back during the switch, all my e-mail contacts changed from ___@twcable.com to ___@charter.com, with not a ___@spectrum.com to be found.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

So far on Pluto they have Perry Mason on their stream.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

kevinb1994

Quote from: roadman65 on March 03, 2021, 11:37:01 PM
So far on Pluto they have Perry Mason on their stream.
Yes and it's a Paramount+ Pick.

Route66Fan

I hope they add Garfield and Friends to there, you only get to see 30 episodes on Boomerang, only to be bought out by CBS and halting the restoration process. Maybe Paramount+ will have GF and Friends. I hope they have ALL 7 seasons, not the specials (for roku users, you can get that via the kids and family app). I even saw a commercial that had a cameo appearance of Garfield.
[/quote]
The rights to Garfield & Friends are actually owned by a company called 9 Story Media Group Inc. They're the ones that are doing the remastering on the show.

snowc

Quote from: Route66Fan on March 08, 2021, 10:07:03 AM

The rights to Garfield & Friends are actually owned by a company called 9 Story Media Group Inc. They're the ones that are doing the remastering on the show.
[/quote]
And it's been receiving the evil eye in the past few years because of them remastering in HD!

rawmustard

I got in on one of their half-off no-ad annual deal before the rebrand, but so far the only thing I tend to watch are Chelsea's Champions League fixtures. (ViacomCBS got the UEFA club competition rights after Turner abandoned them. They've since added Serie A rights beginning next season as well as the current holders of Argentina's first-tier competition, so there could be a strategy of acquiring more sports rights in the future.) I do want to check out Star Trek: Lower Decks at some point, and perhaps I can delve into the vast library as well.

EDIT: World Soccer Talk has an article today highlighting Paramount+'s plans to acquire more rights.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.