News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What do you like on your pizza?

Started by TheHighwayMan3561, April 02, 2021, 04:17:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Natural progression.

I live by a saying that if it's in front of me, it's good enough for me. That said, if I'm building it myself I probably won't put olives on it. I'll usually be all-meat or traditional supreme.

And yes, we all know what topping will likely end up at the center of this discussion.  :biggrin:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Just pepperoni for me. I can deal with sausage and mushrooms too, but I'm not a fan of vegetables on my pizza.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

JayhawkCO

My favorite lately has been white sauce in lieu of traditional pizza sauce with sausage, banana peppers, and feta. 

Chris

Roadgeekteen

Any type of meat, also vegetables too (except mushroom). I eat most toppings except olive and pineapple.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Big John

kphoger

NOT all meat.  Either plain cheese, all veggie, or meat plus veggies.

My favorite is Mexican-style pizza:  ham, onions, jalapeños.  But skip the ketchup, because that's just gross.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

CoreySamson

I usually don't really care, except I don't like mushrooms on pizza.

My three favorite toppings are probably bell peppers, pineapple, and olives (though not together at once).
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

formulanone

Mostly pepperoni, sausage, and onions for some crunchy texture.

Quote from: CoreySamson on April 02, 2021, 04:28:24 PM
I usually don't really care, except I don't like mushrooms on pizza.

Same here; I'm not terribly picky after trying nearly every possible combination from working at Domino's many moons ago...Yes, even pineapple. I can tolerate olives and mushrooms but I won't go out of my way to include them if I order a pie! (Nobody else I know likes them, so they're a hard pass.)

Cheese-only pizza is useful if I want to try some sort of unusual topping that's leftover in the fridge. My kids have finally discovered the joys of pepperoni and sausage on their slices, so that only happens if their little cousins visit.

1995hoo

No vegetables other than mushrooms.

Bacon and sausage, or else all-meat. Plain cheese is fine on Fridays during Lent.

There used to be a place in Durham, NC, that had rattlesnake sausage. That stuff was outstanding. They closed years ago and I haven't spent any time in Durham, other than gas/lunch stops when passing thru on I-85, since a visit in 2002.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Rothman

Pepperoni, sausage, mushrooms, onions.

I don't mind Hawaiian.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Max Rockatansky

Again (a theme in these food threads) literally almost every topping I've had is something that I've ended up liking and wouldn't mind have one a single grand pizza.   

Concrete Bob

I am of Slavic/Adriatic stock, so I enjoy anchovies and garlic on my pizza.  Thin crust is my favorite.

However, I have a weakness for Chicago style deep-dish when the edges are nice and crispy brown.  Zelda's Gourmet Chicago Style Pizza in Sacramento is a fine deep dish.  Their combination includes anchovies and garlic, and is legendary in Sacramento. 

OCGuy81

Do you guys have MOD Pizza by you?

It's my kids favorite place, and it's pretty reasonable. One price gets you as many toppings as you want on a personal sized pizza, and most importantly, everyone gets what they want.

My favorite type of pizza:

Sausage
Jalapenos
Mushrooms
Black olives

Now, I gladly mix it up anytime, but that's my fantastic four, hands down.

Not a fan of pineapple on pizza.

oscar

For me. pepperoni, sausage, and/or ham/"Canadian bacon". All-meat also works for me. Hawaiian too, but otherwise no fruit or veggies.

Thin-crust mozzarella cheese pizza, at a local Italian grocery store, is one of my favorites, but otherwise I insist on one or more meat toppings.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

webny99

Anything except anchovies, basically.

Hawaiian isn't my favorite, but it's passable. White pizza is good. Buffalo chicken pizza is my nominee for the most underrated pizza (but admittedly, some places make it better than others).

Green peppers are weird. I like them on a fresh pizza, but they're disgusting on the kind you buy in a box at the grocery store.

kphoger

Anchovies are fine, but I have to slice them really small, or else the flavor overpowers everything else.  Also, I put them on halfway through the baking process.  Too early and they disappear, too late and the flavor is too strong.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

OCGuy81

Quote from: webny99 on April 02, 2021, 05:39:37 PM
Anything except anchovies, basically.

Hawaiian isn't my favorite, but it's passable. White pizza is good. Buffalo chicken pizza is my nominee for the most underrated pizza (but admittedly, some places make it better than others).

Green peppers are weird. I like them on a fresh pizza, but they're disgusting on the kind you buy in a box at the grocery store.

Buffalo chicken pizza is tasty!

I think I'd go with Taco Pizza as my nominee for most underrated. Tacos+pizza= what's not to love.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: kphoger on April 02, 2021, 05:49:18 PM
Anchovies are fine, but I have to slice them really small, or else the flavor overpowers everything else.  Also, I put them on halfway through the baking process.  Too early and they disappear, too late and the flavor is too strong.

White anchovies instead of the standard "furry" ones are delicious on pizza.  Otherwise they're just little salt bombs.

Chris

Ned Weasel

Eggs, black olives, and marinara sauce.  If you don't have eggs, I'll take chicken.
"I was raised by a cup of coffee." - Strong Bad imitating Homsar

Disclaimer: Views I express are my own and don't reflect any employer or associated entity.

Takumi

Pepperoni, although I'll survive with sausage or bacon. Also my local brewery has a specialty with pepperoni and prosciutto which is delicious.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

Meat. Ham, sausage, beef, pepperoni, and so on.

No anchovies, though.

Keep vegetable matter off my pizza. That includes mushrooms.

And contrary to many who believe otherwise, pineapple is perfectly acceptable on pizza.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

vdeane

Quote from: webny99 on April 02, 2021, 05:39:37 PM
Buffalo chicken pizza is my nominee for the most underrated pizza (but admittedly, some places make it better than others).
Yeah, that's true.  I'm not sure why it seems to vary more than a regular cheese/pepperoni (which is my main go-to).  I like Wegmans and Stewarts a lot (which is interesting, as I'm otherwise not that into Stewarts pizza, but their buffalo chicken is addicting).

White pizza is also good, though I haven't had it in a while.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

roadman65

Beef, Italian Sausage, pepperoni, pineapple, and Ham are my favorites though sometimes I like Chicken and Green Peppers.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

MinecraftNinja

I-55

Pineapple and Ham

Sausage and/or pepperoni
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.