News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Toilet Enthusiasts?

Started by signalman, September 08, 2019, 09:25:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

In college, someone put an old magazine with a clown on the cover in the toilet.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

roadman65

I once heard a guy brag back in school that he flushed an M80 down the toilet in a McDonalds in Upstate NY someplace along NY 17 near Hancock, and it went off busting the plumbing.  I do not see that happening as the fuse to the firecracker would be put out do to the lack of oxygen from the water.

Anyway he said that there was a loud thud when it went off and an Out of Order sign was on the bathroom door the next day.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

bandit957

Quote from: roadman65 on October 03, 2019, 10:44:53 PM
I once heard a guy brag back in school that he flushed an M80 down the toilet in a McDonalds in Upstate NY someplace along NY 17 near Hancock, and it went off busting the plumbing.  I do not see that happening as the fuse to the firecracker would be put out do to the lack of oxygen from the water.

Someone flushed an M-80 down the toilet at my high school years before I attended school there. That's why there was a stall with no toilet.

Also, back before I went to school there, there was a dance where someone clogged a toilet by trying to flush a jacket. Since the toilet was ruined, people went outside and peed on the biology teacher's car.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

ozarkman417

Quote from: vdeane on October 03, 2019, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 03, 2019, 09:43:14 PM
-The people who designed it obviously didn't do a good job with the stalls- I'm 6" and I can see over the stall doors.
You're only 6 inches tall!? :wow:
That would mean I could see under the door.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 03, 2019, 11:30:41 PM
That would mean I could see under the door.

I can see under the doors too, if I crouch down. Unfortunately, the women tend to scream when I do that.

1995hoo

Quote from: vdeane on October 03, 2019, 09:50:15 PM
Quote from: ozarkman417 on October 03, 2019, 09:43:14 PM
-The people who designed it obviously didn't do a good job with the stalls- I'm 6" and I can see over the stall doors.
You're only 6 inches tall!? :wow:

Maybe he meant six inches lo.....well, never mind.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

hbelkins

How could it be possible for an ignited firework to go off in a tank full of water? Wouldn't the water extinguish the flame upon contact? I've always been skeptical of claims that people flushed lit fireworks and they blew up the toilet.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

1995hoo

Quote from: hbelkins on October 04, 2019, 01:23:52 PM
How could it be possible for an ignited firework to go off in a tank full of water? Wouldn't the water extinguish the flame upon contact? I've always been skeptical of claims that people flushed lit fireworks and they blew up the toilet.

I've never tried it, but I would think you'd have to light the fuse, let it burn most of the way down, and flush the toilet such that you can drop the firecracker into the whirlpool just before the fuse burns all the way down so that it enters the pipe and explodes before it really has a chance to get wet. Seems dangerous.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jeffandnicole

I swear, based on the way some of the bathroom doors are installed, that it takes an advanced doctorate degree to design them properly.

"Design something for me.  Price is no object"

"We can build you a 100 story building with all the modern features and equipment to make this another Wonder of the World".

"How about the bathroom stalls?"

"Sorry...we have the best architects from the most prestigious colleges in the universe, but no one has figured out how to make sure the door lock slides into that little hole properly".

LM117

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 04, 2019, 02:08:56 PM
I swear, based on the way some of the bathroom doors are installed, that it takes an advanced doctorate degree to design them properly.

"Design something for me.  Price is no object"

"We can build you a 100 story building with all the modern features and equipment to make this another Wonder of the World".

"How about the bathroom stalls?"

"Sorry...we have the best architects from the most prestigious colleges in the universe, but no one has figured out how to make sure the door lock slides into that little hole properly".

Yeah, it's pretty bad when someone still hasn't figured out how to slide it into holes.

Locks are tricky that way, I suppose.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

kphoger

Quote from: 1995hoo on October 04, 2019, 01:29:00 PM

Quote from: hbelkins on October 04, 2019, 01:23:52 PM

I've never tried it, but I would think you'd have to light the fuse, let it burn most of the way down, and flush the toilet such that you can drop the firecracker into the whirlpool just before the fuse burns all the way down so that it enters the pipe and explodes before it really has a chance to get wet. Seems dangerous.

I used to buy waterproof firecrackers when I was growing up.  I could light one, drop it into a bottle of water, screw the cap on, toss the bottle up in the air, and watch it explode.  I have no idea if M80s are waterproof, but it's certainly possible for a wick to burn underwater.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

roadman65

I will never forget the motel my mom took us to stay at in Montreal.  It had a loud toilet similar to that of a toilet on the upper floors of a skyscraper where it would roar when flushing.  This was a ground level room, but had some sort of pumping device to pump the water fast into the toilet in our room hence why tall buildings flush loudly.

My Aunt Jenny was elderly at the time and would need to go every half hour all night long from the massive amounts of coffee she drank.  All night long that damn thing would wake me up as Aunt Jenny went to release her coffee.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.