News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Some Hawaii shots...

Started by TheStranger, December 01, 2009, 02:20:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheStranger

Went on vacation there recently and have a few sign/shield pics for everyone.  Some old button copy left around, an interesting style of exit number signage, and a few font oddities.

Chris Sampang

Brandon

Quote from: TheStranger on December 01, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
Went on vacation there recently and have a few sign/shield pics for everyone.  Some old button copy left around, an interesting style of exit number signage, and a few font oddities.

Holy carp, Batman, even Hawai'i is using Clearview now.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alps

Yep - actually, most of these same shots are on my site as well (along with many others), and I even captured Clearview of my own!  (Back in 2008.)  http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/hi

P.S. I'm not moving the photos this time, but in the future, these posts ideally belong in Member Albums.  (Create one at a free site!)

City

Quote from: Brandon on December 01, 2009, 02:49:43 PM
Quote from: TheStranger on December 01, 2009, 02:20:47 PM
Went on vacation there recently and have a few sign/shield pics for everyone.  Some old button copy left around, an interesting style of exit number signage, and a few font oddities.

Holy carp, Batman, even Hawai'i is using Clearview now.

The Clearview sign looks like the font is too big and that there is not enough space between lines.

Clearview + Lack of space between lines = UGLY.

deathtopumpkins

Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

TheStranger

AlpsROADS: Can you easily transfer stuff from an existing photo album elsewhere to this forum's Member Albums?  Would be much easier than having to upload everything a second time...
Chris Sampang

Alps

What you do is you host them externally (like you're doing now), but you set it up like a photo album.  Then you provide the link in Member Albums, we all go check it out, and hey wow, photos!  You can post a teaser photo or two if you like, as well.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.