News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

NB-11/NB-15 interchange reconfiguration

Started by Stephane Dumas, January 09, 2018, 05:23:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stephane Dumas

I spotted that video showing the completion of the reconfiguration of NB-11/NB-15 interchange near Shediac.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt3Z4BiEgqI

yakra

Time to put together an update for TravelMapping.

11:
New western alignment, new Exit 1, new terminus at NB15. Piece of cake.

15:
How is the new left exit for NB11 signed?
Is the existing cloverleaf at NB132 / Old NB15 still 31A/B?

132:
Is the north end still at the NB15 cloverleaf?
OSM & Google show it continuing north to the roundabout.

133:
I assume it still takes the 90° turn at Main & Hanington. Correct?
Is the new roadway west of the corner that connects to the roundabout in fact an extension of Main St, as Google claims?
(If unknown, not a deal-breaker; I can name the waypoint after Cornwall Rd instead.)
Edit: Or does it get straightened out, to travel west to the new Exit 1?

While I suppose it's possible that:
- NB133 could have its 90° bend straightened out and be extended W to the new Exit 1, and
- NB132 could be extended N thru the roundabout, along the new extension of Main St, and N along that N/S leg of existing NB133...
That's probably just the Fictional-loving roadgeek in me talking.
Multiplexes are rare in NB, so 132/133 may not happen. The way I've seen recent freeway upgrades shake out, existing designations are likely to stay put, with some unnumbered roads along the former alignments.

Looking through a couple skyscraperpage threads for relevant info; any knowledge is appreciated.

Edit: One possibility I considered was NB133 getting straightened out (which may actually be happening), with NB132 just staying put...
Or, OSM could be right about 132... Eh!  :coffee:
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.