Regional Boards > Central States

Oklahoma

<< < (3/30) > >>

algorerhythms:
Having driven on the turnpikes in Oklahoma last year and run out of change in the process, it would have been nice if Oklahoma had joined the civilized world and used EZPass…

Bobby5280:

--- Quote from: rte66man ---Bobby5280 might disagree but I've seen no formal plans to extend the bypass north around the west side of Marlow.
--- End quote ---

ODOT had plans for an extension to dovetail the bypass into US-81 in Marlow. IIRC that plan got shelved, perhaps permanently, due to local opposition in Marlow.

--- Quote from: CoreySamson ---Which turnpikes in Oklahoma still accept cash, and which ones do not? I would presume that they all accept PikePass, TxTag, and EZTag.
--- End quote ---

I know the H.E. Bailey Turnpike is all cash-free. Now OTA just has to remodel the damn toll plazas in Newcastle and Walters to allow traffic to be free-flowing on four lanes.

As for interoperability PikePass works with Kansas' KTAG and works on all the toll roads in Texas, with still the possible exception of the DFW Airport Parkway. I remember there being a hold-up on that one for some weird reason.

--- Quote from: algorerhythms ---Having driven on the turnpikes in Oklahoma last year and run out of change in the process, it would have been nice if Oklahoma had joined the civilized world and used EZPass…
--- End quote ---

I don't know how much different the RFID tag technology is in the EZ Pass transponders compared to those used by PikePass. Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas is a pretty huge block for interoperable toll roads though.

In order to have nation-wide toll tag interoperability the government may have to get involved and force ALL toll agencies to adopt a new tag standard so every agency feels the same pain. Right now it's a tug of war between certain large agencies wanting everyone else to switch to their standard while they suffer no cost. It's bullshit. And that's why hardly any progress is being made on interoperability.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: Bobby5280 on November 09, 2022, 05:14:18 PM ---As for interoperability PikePass works with Kansas' KTAG and works on all the toll roads in Texas, with still the possible exception of the DFW Airport Parkway. I remember there being a hold-up on that one for some weird reason.

--- End quote ---

I do want to point out that, even though they are technically on roads in Texas, the toll booths at the Mexican border do not accept PikePass, nor do they accept TxTag.

The border bridges are a mixed bag when it comes to technology.  The Laredo bridges accept Laredo Trade Tag and eGo, Eagle Pass and some of the RGV crossings accept HID proximity cards, Mission and Hidalgo accept something called EZCrossBridge TollTag, etc...  A lot of crossings accept IAVE on the Mexican side, but not on the US side.

bwana39:

--- Quote from: algorerhythms on November 09, 2022, 09:33:14 AM ---Having driven on the turnpikes in Oklahoma last year and run out of change in the process, it would have been nice if Oklahoma had joined the civilized world and used EZPass…

--- End quote ---

Oklahoma is compatible with its neighbors Texas and Kansas. My TollTag (NTTA) works just fine there. EZ pass is overall older technology and it is they that need to progress into the (civilized) 21st Century.

bugo:

--- Quote from: agentsteel53 on September 07, 2009, 12:26:34 AM ---Leave it to me to be suddenly unable to find the photo of the gantry that looks like that with a black guide sign.  I remember it had outline shields: US-66, and a state route in a square.

--- End quote ---

This?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version