Regional Boards > Central States

Oklahoma

<< < (20/30) > >>

splashflash:
Nice to see 141St grade separated from US 75 in Glenpool, south of Tulsa in FY24.  $19M for the work, after $10M spent this year?

will_e_777:

--- Quote from: splashflash on October 03, 2023, 02:06:47 AM ---Nice to see 141St grade separated from US 75 in Glenpool, south of Tulsa in FY24.  $19M for the work, after $10M spent this year?

--- End quote ---

That needed to have been grade separated 20 years ago

Plutonic Panda:
Not to get political here, but legislators really need to come together and find a way to give ODOT some more money. There’s tons of road projects, especially in the OKC area that desperately need to be expedited.

One in mine is the I 35/240 interchange. 10 years ago the 8 yr plan had that to be finished by now. Last year when they announced the initiative to convert US 412 into interstate, I feel like a lot of projects got put on the back burner for that. They consistently push phases of the 35/240 interchange back and they did it again this year too. They had all remaining phases scheduled to begin construction in 2024. Originally it was supposed to have started construction in 2019 or 2020 if memory serves correct. Then they decided to split it up in phases and would do phase 1 and two, and then do all the remaining phases at once.

Then last year that went to shit. They pushed the phases back without even saying anything. Then had all remaining phases scheduled to begin in 2024. Now they have three phases scheduled to begin in 2024 with the last phase scheduled to be in 2025. This is a much more important project than upgrading US 412 or adding shoulders to some dinky Road in the middle of scenic nowhere that sees a few hundred cars a day.

What ODOT should really be focusing on is getting rid of some of the roads they own and maintain. Oklahoma has way too many state maintained roads. A lot of them are in areas that are pretty much on the decline.

swake:

--- Quote from: Plutonic Panda on October 06, 2023, 07:51:45 PM ---Not to get political here, but legislators really need to come together and find a way to give ODOT some more money. There’s tons of road projects, especially in the OKC area that desperately need to be expedited.

One in mine is the I 35/240 interchange. 10 years ago the 8 yr plan had that to be finished by now. Last year when they announced the initiative to convert US 412 into interstate, I feel like a lot of projects got put on the back burner for that. They consistently push phases of the 35/240 interchange back and they did it again this year too. They had all remaining phases scheduled to begin construction in 2024. Originally it was supposed to have started construction in 2019 or 2020 if memory serves correct. Then they decided to split it up in phases and would do phase 1 and two, and then do all the remaining phases at once.

Then last year that went to shit. They pushed the phases back without even saying anything. Then had all remaining phases scheduled to begin in 2024. Now they have three phases scheduled to begin in 2024 with the last phase scheduled to be in 2025. This is a much more important project than upgrading US 412 or adding shoulders to some dinky Road in the middle of scenic nowhere that sees a few hundred cars a day.

What ODOT should really be focusing on is getting rid of some of the roads they own and maintain. Oklahoma has way too many state maintained roads. A lot of them are in areas that are pretty much on the decline.

--- End quote ---

The Interstate 42 upgrades are largely going to be paid for by grant money, not money from other projects.
https://oklahoma.gov/content/dam/ok/en/odot/federal-grants/mpdg/2022/us-412-priority-improvements/project-information/narrative.pdf

bugo:

--- Quote from: will_e_777 on October 06, 2023, 06:42:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: splashflash on October 03, 2023, 02:06:47 AM ---US 75 in Glenpool

--- End quote ---

That needed to have been grade separated 20 50 years ago

--- End quote ---

Fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version