Regional Boards > Southeast

Alabama

<< < (156/159) > >>

clong:
Announcement of US280 road widening - 1 additional lane in each direction between Lakeshore Drive and Perimeter Park (just outside I-459).
https://issuu.com/280living/docs/vv_1223_issuu

formulanone:
Alabama 304 is officially posted, though only on the very short stretch from I-65 to Lindsey Lane alongside the Buc-ee's. I believe Cody mentioned it about 2-3 years ago in the ALDOT letting notes. There is also a unisign on the off-ramp from I-65 which points both East and West, but I couldn't get a clear photo of it.

Construction continues on Huntsville-Brownsferry Road from US 31 to I-65, and traffic has shifted to the new alignment (also not yet signed).

Curiously, Huntsville-Brownsferry Road has a Limestone County Road sign just east of Lindsay Lane, making it the only posted Limestone County road; the other CR24 shield is pointing the way out of Buc-ee's...

freebrickproductions:

--- Quote from: formulanone on December 15, 2023, 09:42:53 AM ---Curiously, Huntsville-Brownsferry Road has a Limestone County Road sign just east of Lindsay Lane, making it the only posted Limestone County road; the other CR24 shield is pointing the way out of Buc-ee's...

--- End quote ---

I seem to recall seeing one on the NW side of Athens earlier this year, just south of AL 99.

ttownfeen:
I don't think that's an issue limited to Limestone County. It is odd that more country roads are not posted in general.

froggie:

--- Quote from: ttownfeen on January 04, 2024, 01:59:00 PM ---I don't think that's an issue limited to Limestone County. It is odd that more country roads are not posted in general.

--- End quote ---

Off the top of my head, Mobile, Jefferson, and Madison are all bad or non-existent.  Last I checked, Madison doesn’t even have county routes. County roads, sure, but if you look at ALDOT’s county general map, you’ll notice a complete lack of county route shields.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version