News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Iowa passes Gas Tax What corridors Will,should or Should not be upgraded

Started by 3467, February 26, 2015, 03:12:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

http://www.siouxlandmatters.com/story/d/story/gas-tax-could-affect-highway-20-project/29023/C1pG6biwnUimR_W5qrP5ag

Done and signed since this . This focuses on completion of US 20. I know 61 and parts of 30 are under study I have not heard about any others yet.

Also Iowa may raise some Interstates to 75 It passed a Senate committee

txstateends

So how much will gas be taxed up there now?

I wonder if we'll ever see another gas tax increase in Texas....
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

I-39

They are going to take the cheap way out in widening U.S 20 between Moville and Early, they are not going to bypass towns and build interchanges, they will widen the existing road through the town, despite bypassing towns for almost the rest of the road east of Early.

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=14892.0  Thought I would put this here . It could go in I72 as well. The last 3 pages have the supplemental system for Iowa Mo and of course the Illinois system. Illinois is the most discussed here but Mo and IA had studies done in that era . I know PA VT NJ CT and NY did  Did any other states in that era. I am guessing not many because the Interstate system was considered more that enough when the south and west had much smaller populations.......and speaking of small populations Iowa DOT just has no traffic on those western route like 20 I wonder if they decided to downgrade because of Illinois?
I think 34 might be a little busier than 20 it carries maybe 3000 a day in western Iowa I don't think 20 does

http://thegazette.com/subject/news/iowa-gas-tax-money-where-should-it-be-spent-20150227

Here is the project list . 20,30 and 61 as mentioned They miss 2 current bridge projects 74 and 52 and mention 2 others that are not on Illinois radar 20 and 80

iowahighways

It looks like US 20 has been fast-tracked by the Iowa DOT for possible completion by 2018. Tonight the Transportation Commission approved an amendment that will set aside $4.5 million to purchase right-of-way from Correctionville to US 59 near Holstein this year:
Construction is already underway on the segment from Moville to Correctionville. There won't be a bypass of Correctionville (the existing US 20 is pretty much a bypass anyway), but it will be a five-lane highway through there with a center turn lane.

The next five-year plan won't be drafted until May and approved in June, so we won't know what they have planned for other corridors until then.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

iowahighways

Quote from: adamlanfort on February 26, 2015, 08:50:21 PM
They are going to take the cheap way out in widening U.S 20 between Moville and Early, they are not going to bypass towns and build interchanges, they will widen the existing road through the town, despite bypassing towns for almost the rest of the road east of Early.

That, plus there is a three-lane segment through Lawton (first town east of Sioux City) and a four-way stop at IA 140 in Moville. I haven't seen what plans, if any, are there to address those.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.