News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Just saw a 1958 movie with great St. Louis road images

Started by ARMOURERERIC, November 23, 2012, 11:18:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ARMOURERERIC

I just saw "the Great St. Louis Bank Robbery" with Steve McQueen, based on an actual event, the film was shot at the location of the actual robbery at Kingshighway and Southwestern, opening shows vehicle driving across what I think is the Chain of Rocks Bridge, and the Eads Bridge, shows lots of scenes at Kingshighway and Southwestern with a early traffic signal scheme, when police respond to robbery, they are under freeway style overpasses downtown.  Also several shots of US 67 black outline on white signs.  Went to GSV, bank building is still there.  The minor charcters were played by themselves, brief conversation with a salesman at the Chevy dealership that still seems to be there.

kharvey10

the opening scene was MacArthur Bridge and Eads Bridge.  I think you can view the entire movie on youtube.  The freeway style overpasses were Highway 40 for the most part, some of it was Lindbergh

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.