News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Best type of Road

Started by BigMattFromTexas, April 02, 2009, 06:12:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Best type of highway

Interstate
10 (47.6%)
U.S Highway
4 (19%)
State Highway
3 (14.3%)
County Road
2 (9.5%)
All the above
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 1

BigMattFromTexas

ComputerGuy

You should move this to General Highway Talk

BigMattFromTexas

how do i move threads
cause now that i think of it, it should be there

un1

Only moderators can, so I'll move it for you.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

BigMattFromTexas

Bryant5493

Well, I prefer wide open roads, whether they be a state route (SR 400/GA 400) or an Interstate (I-285).

Be well,

Bryant
Check out my YouTube page (http://youtube.com/Bryant5493). I have numerous road videos of Metro Atlanta and other areas in the Southeast.

I just signed up on photobucket -- here's my page (http://s594.photobucket.com/albums/tt24/Bryant5493).

corco

I like secondary highways that pass through the cores of small towns. Case in point- I-76 through Eastern Colorado is incredibly boring but US-6 through Eastern Colorado is actually fairly pretty, and they are only a few miles away from each other (this being where they aren't multiplexed).

I voted state highway, but US highway works as well. My main preference for type of road to drive on (time not being a consideration)  is two lanes and doesn't bypass towns. If I'm in a hurry, put me on an interstate.

Ian

State highways, they have traffic signals   :-D (well so do county and US roads, but state roads are my thing)
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

yanksfan6129

I like freeways. I don't care if its an interstate, a county road, a state road, or a US Highway. Or anything in between. Just freeways.

So I voted interstates, since that is the only "all-freeway" system.

ComputerGuy

State highways are widespread and connected to all parts of the state and go beyond..just like the U.S. routes, only they serve more towns.

deathtopumpkins

I typically like state routes the best, as they're the most fun to drive (well the 2-lane ones with small towns anyway), but I cannot pick one favorite, as the type of road widely varies from my like of it.
Disclaimer: All posts represent my personal opinions and not those of my employer.

Clinched Highways | Counties Visited

Alex

I like them all, but when it comes to just driving somewhere (like commuting, running errands, going out), I prefer an Interstate highway or freeway if available.

Truvelo

It depends on the type of journey you're making. I've only been to the US on vacation so it's not as if I've used the roads to commute to and from work every day. I use the interstates or any other form of grade separated route to get somewhere quick but when I've time to burn I take the smaller roads.

My favourite must be the county roads. The laid back nature and scenery is much more pleasant than the bigger roads.
Speed limits limit life

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.