News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Describe the plot of a movie

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 04, 2022, 05:24:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 12, 2022, 09:35:52 AM
Quote from: formulanone on May 12, 2022, 06:42:46 AM
Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 11, 2022, 05:01:10 PM
Two men form a friendship over fast food. They also bond by washing a car. Later on, one of the men throws a party with balloons alongside his boss' wife, which nearly goes very wrong.  Near the end of the movie, after retrieving some lost luggage, the men persuade another couple to give up a life of crime by offering them a wallet.

I had to read this five times to get it.

That was the plan. :)

That's a pretty good plan.

Scott5114

Quote from: formulanone on May 12, 2022, 10:24:56 AM
Two men form a friendship over fast food. They also bond by washing a car. Later on, one of the men throws a party with balloons alongside his boss' wife, which nearly goes very wrong.  Near the end of the movie, after retrieving some lost luggage, the men persuade another couple to give up a life of crime by offering them a wallet.

I don't watch nearly enough movies to get what this is describing–could you give out the answer? (I have a suspicion, but I've never seen the movie itself so I don't know if it's right or not.)
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 12, 2022, 04:03:52 PM
Quote from: formulanone on May 12, 2022, 10:24:56 AM

I don't watch nearly enough movies to get what this is describing–could you give out the answer? (I have a suspicion, but I've never seen the movie itself so I don't know if it's right or not.)

Pulp Fiction

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 12, 2022, 04:03:52 PM
I don't watch nearly enough movies to get what this is describing

I'm lost on pretty much all of these.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

triplemultiplex

Homewrecking nun sabotages man's engagement to another woman and gets him to betray his country by manipulating his children.

The Sound of Music
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kkt

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 12, 2022, 04:57:43 PM
Homewrecking nun sabotages man's engagement to another woman and gets him to betray his country by manipulating his children.

The Sound of Music

Stretching a bit.  The Captain and his fiancee were not married or living together, so you can't really call her a homewrecker.  Maria didn't alienate the Captain from his children.  Actually, she brought him closer to his children.  And she didn't get him to betray his country, he betrayed the country that took over his country, and he would probably have done the same even he and Maria never met.

triplemultiplex

Yeah but you just know that was the narrative around town the day after the talent show. ;)

One man's quest for recompense after his property is damaged in a case of mistaken identity.

The Big Lebowski
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JayhawkCO

Man joins a commune of other men in the New England countryside. By being good at math, he is appointed as a leader of the group and earns some free beer for him and his friends. Eventually his love of spelunking allows him to retire on a Mexican beach.

formulanone

Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 16, 2022, 04:25:39 PM
Man joins a commune of other men in the New England countryside. By being good at math, he is appointed as a leader of the group and earns some free beer for him and his friends. Eventually his love of spelunking allows him to retire on a Mexican beach.

Had me at Trading Places until you said New England.

JayhawkCO

Had to work in the location somehow. :)

formulanone

Quote from: JayhawkCO on May 16, 2022, 05:02:10 PM
Had to work in the location somehow. :)

They were also concentrating on citrus for a bit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.