News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Off-Topic / Re: Mortgage Payments should b...
Last post by Big John - Today at 06:08:07 PM
You can have archaic too, but it's obsolete. :awesomeface:
Traffic Control / Re: Erroneous road signs
Last post by CovalenceSTU - Today at 06:07:22 PM
One trailblazer where US-83B meets US-83 / future I-2 (in Texas) was rotated, leading to this odd assembly (also redundant):

Also an erroneous "EXIT ONLY" on a ramp from the Morrison Bridge in Portland:
Off-Topic / Re: New Oklahoma City Skyscrap...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 06:03:50 PM
Quote from: bwana39 on May 05, 2024, 09:32:42 PMOKC trying to say it is a world destination as opposed to a large city in a small state.

First time in OKC, eh?
Southeast / Re: Interstate 73/74
Last post by wdcrft63 - Today at 06:02:38 PM
Quote from: jdunlop on May 05, 2024, 11:44:01 PM
Quote from: amroad17 on May 05, 2024, 10:27:32 PM
Quote from: wdcrft63 on May 05, 2024, 06:55:57 PMOn the forum a few years ago I proposed I-740 for the section of Wade Avenue connecting I-40 to I-440. That didn't get anywhere either. That Wade Avenue freeway doesn't even have a primary highway number.
Maybe the Wade Avenue freeway could be NC 340 since I do not see a NC 340 listed on the NCRoads.com annex—-unless Wade Avenue is owned by the city of Raleigh ala Sam Cooper Blvd. in Memphis.

Wade Avenue, like almost all major roads in NC, is maintained by the State.

It's also not going to be an interstate.  That went away when the current plans for the I-440/Wade interchange included a traffic signal for an interstate (I-440 EB) to possible interstate (Wade WB) movement. Per FHWA (at least the NC 'section), those movements must be free-flow, without signals or other traffic control devices (stop signs) other than the typical ramp yield signs used for merging.

I would be happy to see Wade Avenue as NC 340. I think a major freeway link used by visitors as well as locals should be signed with a route number, just like the NC 192 planned for Winston-Salem.
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Northern Virginia HOT Lane...
Last post by NJRoadfan - Today at 06:02:04 PM
They also change the holiday/weekend schedules from time to time. New Year's Day they had the lanes pointed south all day when they are usually north.
Off-Topic / Re: Mortgage Payments should b...
Last post by Scott5114 - Today at 06:02:01 PM
The phrase "have your cake and eat it too" is referring to the fact that once you eat the cake, you no longer have it.
Southeast / Re: Huntsville
Last post by freebrickproductions - Today at 06:01:55 PM
A bit of a bump. The plans for the widening of I-565 from Exit 7 to Exit 9 have been released:
https://alletting.dot.state.al.us/PLANPROP/20240531_Call_020_Plans.pdf
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by Max Rockatansky - Today at 05:54:51 PM
I've wondered myself if the temporary theme change turned off/deterred a lot of the P13-like posters. 
Suggestions and Questions / Re: Theme Change?
Last post by CtrlAltDel - Today at 05:42:38 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on Today at 04:33:06 PMI absolutely despise it, and I've had some users tell me they have been using the forum less or not at all because of it. I have a replacement about half-done, but I want to add dark mode support, but stuff keeps coming up that keeps me from getting around to finishing it.

In any case, just like before, if you do prefer this theme, it will be available as an option in your preferences.

I wouldn't go so far as to say I've been using the forum less, but I too absolutely despise this theme. So,  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  :clap: for the upcoming replacement.
Traffic Control / Re: Unique, Odd, or Interestin...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 05:42:28 PM

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.