News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

What's your favorite place to eat?

Started by authenticroadgeek, March 19, 2016, 12:59:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

authenticroadgeek

Jardine

Since closed and bulldozed, but Caniglia's Venice Inn  in Omaha Nebraska had the best steak I've ever had.

TheHighwayMan3561

My favorite chain is probably either Noodles and Company or Perkins.

As far as non-chains, in the city I live now it's a 1960s-themed burger joint called Daddy-O's Cafe. From when I lived in Duluth/Superior my favorite restaurant there is called Grizzly's.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Takumi

Favorite chain is Texas de Brazil, not that I go there often. Capital Ale House in downtown Richmond was pretty awesome, although moreso for the beer than the food. There's also a local BBQ place in Petersburg that has a similar vibe to Capital Ale, but I won't mention the name since last time I went there the waitress was extremely rude and condescending. My favorite local pizza place has been undergoing renovation for awhile, since about the time I started working in Chester.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

corco

Depends on where I am and what I am in the mood for

Max Rockatansky

Some my favorite chains include:

Quizno's for subs
In'out'Burger for burgers
Dunkin Donuts for breakfast sandwiches
Chippotle for chain Mexican food

Probably my favorite grocery deli is Publix....too bad I live thousands of miles from the nearest one.

Off chain stuff is going to be a long list...so I'll refrain for now, generally it's what I'm in the mood for.  Usually I go mom and pop shop for pizzas exclusively.

wanderer2575

b.d.'s Mongolian Grill.  Mrs. wanderer and I have been frequenting the location in Novi MI pretty much weekly for the past 15 years.  If you don't like your dinner, it's your own fault!

When I'm roadtripping solo, I usually look for a Taco Bell.  Pricing and quality can vary, but overall it's cheap, filling, and easy to eat a burrito while driving.  When Mrs. wanderer is traveling with me, she's okay with fast food but her rule is that we have to go inside and sit down.  And she won't go into a Taco Bell if you pay her.  My chain restaurant of choice then usually is Wendy's, although Chik-fil-A trumps that if we're in an area with one.

authenticroadgeek

Carls Jr FTW. They have teh best burgar.

kkt

completely depends.  For casual burgers, "A Burger Place" on University Way NE.
For dining before a show downtown, Sazerac.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.