News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Ok, which of you owns this?

Started by 1995hoo, November 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

I was parked a few cars down from this about 15 minutes ago. Note the plate.

"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

SSOWorld

nice find :-D Wouldn't have a clue who owns that or if it was in reference to eMpTyR, but its quite hilarious.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

Looks like the shopping center with the Roy Rogers burger place in it on Va. 613 (Manchester Boulevard), the eastern "extension" of Va. 289 (Franconia-Springfield Parkway).

EDIT:  It also looks like the owner of the vehicle works for (or at) MWAA's Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

1995hoo

Quote from: cpzilliacus on November 25, 2014, 03:13:02 PM
Looks like the shopping center with the Roy Rogers burger place in it on Va. 613 (Manchester Boulevard), the eastern "extension" of Va. 289 (Franconia-Springfield Parkway).

It's actually Springfield Plaza, just west of I-95 off Old Keene Mill Road (secondary route 644). I went to the Springfield Butcher (just out of the picture to the right) to pick up the turkey for Thursday.

cpzilliacus

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 25, 2014, 03:30:39 PM

It's actually Springfield Plaza, just west of I-95 off Old Keene Mill Road (secondary route 644). I went to the Springfield Butcher (just out of the picture to the right) to pick up the turkey for Thursday.

Same center as where the Giant Food and Hard Times Cafe are located?
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

1995hoo

Correct. Giant, Hard Times, K-Mart, Trader Joe's, and a liquor store are among the tenants. Used to be a Waxie Maxie's where Chipotle is now.

If you stand at the light on Old Keene Mill, the butcher is at about the 2:00 position in the wing to the right of Hard Times near where the Chuck E. Cheese's was in the 1980s.

Laura

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 25, 2014, 10:49:34 AM

EDIT:  It also looks like the owner of the vehicle works for (or at) MWAA's Washington Dulles International Airport (IAD).

Ooh, a road and plane enthusiast!

iPhone

froggie

1995hoo

It looks to me like that sticker says "Oversand Vehicle Permit," which makes me think it's for Nantucket based on the shape of what's on the sticker.

I just went to the Photo Stream on my iPad and zoomed in. That is indeed what it says.

NE2

Quote from: froggie on November 26, 2014, 07:28:04 AM
Could just be coincidental...
How dare you bring logic to the hunt?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

02 Park Ave

Is that an Alf Landon sticker on the vehicle?
C-o-H

1995hoo

Quote from: 02 Park Ave on November 26, 2014, 08:48:31 AM
Is that an Alf Landon sticker on the vehicle?

I presume your post was TIC, but Landon is the name of a private school in Maryland known primarily for a powerhouse lacrosse program.

GCrites

Poor guy, his folks should have never named him Martin Thomas Robinson.

algorerhythms

Note to self: get vanity plate with three random letters so that an internet forum somewhere in the world can see it and obsess over who would get a plate with an acronym relevant to them.

1995hoo

Quote from: algorerhythms on November 26, 2014, 11:57:54 AM
Note to self: get vanity plate with three random letters so that an internet forum somewhere in the world can see it and obsess over who would get a plate with an acronym relevant to them.

Misplace your sense of humor? You didn't really think I actually believed it belonged to someone here, did you?

Pete from Boston

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 26, 2014, 01:54:45 PM

Misplace your sense of humor? You didn't really think I actually believed it belonged to someone here, did you?

If I read it correctly, the point is that it's kind of funny that some person that picked that plate for who-knows-what-reason is now having their choice (an vehicle) thoroughly scrutinized by folks on an internet site they've likely never heard of.  I thought this myself. 

cjk374

Is this that Carl Rogers fella y'all have talked about before?   :sombrero:
Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

1995hoo

Quote from: Pete from Boston on November 26, 2014, 04:55:32 PM

Quote from: 1995hoo on November 26, 2014, 01:54:45 PM

If I read it correctly, the point is that it's kind of funny that some person that picked that plate for who-knows-what-reason is now having their choice (an vehicle) thoroughly scrutinized by folks on an internet site they've likely never heard of.  I thought this myself. 

Perhaps I misinterpreted due to the words "obsess over."

SteveG1988

"My Tight Rectum"

What it means is that the owner is proud of being able to hold in farts.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

GaryV

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.