News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Port Auth NY/NJ to move to cashless tolling

Started by mightyace, September 16, 2009, 07:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightyace

Quote from: D-Dey65 on January 22, 2010, 10:57:05 PM
Another reason I don't get a SunPass for Florida, or an E-Z Pass for the Northeast & Mid-Atlantic.

Unfortunately, many jurisdictions (Illinois, Indiana, Ohio) charge significantly more (50-100%) to use cash if you still can.  Plus, these cashless installations add a "administrative fee" if they have to mail you a bill.

We'll probably all need to get at least one of these electronic passes eventually, but I'm going to hold out as long as I can.
My Flickr Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/mightyace

I'm out of this F***KING PLACE!

Alps

I use toll facilities voluntarily less than once a month, generally only if I'm heading west via the I-80 corridor or east across the Hudson River.  I have absolutely no reason to pay a monthly fee or to even waste my money by letting it sit in an account to gather moss.  For the few times a year I do encounter a toll plaza, I'm willing to sit and stop and pay.  If AET comes with a fee, I am most likely just going to continue to route myself around those tolls and stop at the ones that still have manned booths like Bear Mountain Bridge.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.