News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Victoria, BC

Started by Bruce, June 23, 2022, 06:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

If anyone has suggestions on road-specific things to see in Victoria, I'm all ears. Heading up there soon and am not that familiar with the area, despite being "close" (as the crow flies).

Mapmikey

In addition to the mile 0 marker of the Trans-Canada Hwy, there is this old assembly (the 17 is covering a 23 or a 25) and a BC 1 shield

If you go to Butchart, the main road from BC 17 (Keating Cross Rd) has this unusual deer warning sign, plus when the road crosses BC 17A it is still concrete, which I don't really recall seeing much in British Columbia.

Otherwise I don't recall anything road-related in Victoria from my visit in 2014.

Bruce

Quote from: Mapmikey on June 23, 2022, 07:58:45 PM
In addition to the mile 0 marker of the Trans-Canada Hwy, there is this old assembly (the 17 is covering a 23 or a 25) and a BC 1 shield

If you go to Butchart, the main road from BC 17 (Keating Cross Rd) has this unusual deer warning sign, plus when the road crosses BC 17A it is still concrete, which I don't really recall seeing much in British Columbia.

Otherwise I don't recall anything road-related in Victoria from my visit in 2014.

Nice finds! I'll be sure to check these out, especially since the first two are within walking distance of already planned stops.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.