News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-4 construction in Orlando

Started by longhorn, November 06, 2017, 06:26:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pianocello

Quote from: ElishaGOtis on August 24, 2023, 09:49:03 AM
What's the latest update on the Express Lane construction in that area? Last I heard from this thread there was an interim proposal for the "tube"  express lane that would be a single lane WB–until additional funding for more parts of the full project comes into play.
Looks like that's still the case. https://i4beyond.com/project-designs/#i-4-at-apopka-vineland-road-s-r-535-interchange

QuoteWill these be connected with the thru lanes on Beachline?
Eventually, according to the conceptual plans from 5 years ago. I'm not sure how the single-lane WB express lane interacts with that.
Does Brightline Rail construction affect this long-term project?
Probably. I don't know how far Brightline is with their design in that area, but FDOT's not going to hold up their construction based the possibility of the rail corridor. There's going to be talks and negotiations between the two parties, or else Brightline is going to have to get creative or find a different corridor to build on.

I did some roadway design work on the SR 417 reconstruction southwest of the airport a few years ago, and a similar possibility occurred there with Brightline. Basically, we thought we may have to change some things around to account for the railroad, but they weren't far enough along in their corridor planning so CFX decided it best to just continue with the original design, which is being constructed now. If they need to go back and move some roads around to make room for a rail line or bridge piers, that would be a discussion for the future.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

roadman65

I guess they scrapped the echelon intersection at Hotel Plaza Blvd? Or at least for now.

https://i4beyond.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/02/5445-BTU-SR535-Design-Display-Board-2-20230201.pdf
I'm laughing at the map showing US 46 in Florida.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.