News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

Quote from: Dough4872 on September 12, 2023, 03:24:10 PM
Quote from: mgk920 on September 12, 2023, 03:11:16 PM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on September 12, 2023, 02:03:36 PM
Aaron Rodgers has a torn Achilles.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-suffered-torn-achilles-will-miss-remainder-of-season

And that is an injury that one can never truly recover from.  You may be back on the field in one or two seasons, but you'll never be the same.  Rodgers should retire to coaching or broadcasting.

:no:

Mike

Yeah agree, think his playing career is nearing an end.
His career is in Jeopardy  :colorful:

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on September 12, 2023, 02:03:36 PM
Aaron Rodgers has a torn Achilles.

https://www.nfl.com/news/jets-qb-aaron-rodgers-suffered-torn-achilles-will-miss-remainder-of-season

Let's not overreact to what the Jets doctors tell us about Aaron Rodgers' injury.
Better to let Rodgers do his own research.

(A tweet I read.)

jmacswimmer

In a rather bizarre coincidence, the sack that ended Rodgers's season (career?) was recorded by Leonard Floyd in his Bills debut, who played for the Bears from 2016 to 2019 and notched 7 total sacks on Rodgers during that span.
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

Max Rockatansky

Maybe the Jets should just avoid going for the leftovers of the Packers?

Billy F 1988

Sorry to say, but, even if it's not Aaron's fault, it's still the shitty Jets. I'd avoid them like the plague now.
Finally upgraded to Expressway after, what, seven or so years on this forum? Took a dadgum while, but, I made it!

Max Rockatansky

Clearly they have more going on than just Aaron Rodgers.  They probably won't make the playoffs but they might be in it for awhile like last year.

Henry

I don't wish any evil on anyone, but Aaron Rodgers' injury is the latest in a long line of bad luck events for the Jets.

Quote from: jmacswimmer on September 12, 2023, 03:54:17 PM
In a rather bizarre coincidence, the sack that ended Rodgers's season (career?) was recorded by Leonard Floyd in his Bills debut, who played for the Bears from 2016 to 2019 and notched 7 total sacks on Rodgers during that span.
That's our Stat of the Week right here!
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Ted$8roadFan

The Jets are going to be in league purgatory: too good to get a high draft pick (good D), not good enough for a deep playoff run, which was their expectation with NFL ARod at the helm.

webny99

The Jets should consider upgrading at QB, but they probably won't because of the resource invested in Zach Wilson.

Max Rockatansky

There aren't any top shelf QBs left to get. 

webny99

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 13, 2023, 11:03:35 AM

Maybe not top shelf, but there's plenty of upgrades over Zach Wilson that could be the difference between making the playoffs and not, even if they had to trade a mid/late round pick.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: webny99 on September 13, 2023, 11:06:23 AM

Maybe not top shelf, but there's plenty of upgrades over Zach Wilson that could be the difference between making the playoffs and not, even if they had to trade a mid/late round pick.

If I'm the Bears I'd be willing to trade Justin Fields for one of their better pass rushers and an offensive lineman.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

triplemultiplex

It was only four plays but Rodgers took 5 snaps.
:poke:

You know, some of the hype about Rodgers going to the Jets and how they were getting other good pieces was starting to remind of that Eagles team years ago, long before Jalen Hurts was around.  Sports talking heads had a narrative that they were building a "super team" in Philly. And then they actually played and totally flamed out.

The Jets just managed to do it faster.

I only wish it was Tom Brady's career that ended like this.  He deserved it more.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

thspfc

Quote from: triplemultiplex on September 13, 2023, 11:54:45 AM
You know, some of the hype about Rodgers going to the Jets and how they were getting other good pieces was starting to remind of that Eagles team years ago, long before Jalen Hurts was around.  Sports talking heads had a narrative that they were building a "super team" in Philly. And then they actually played and totally flamed out.

The Jets just managed to do it faster.
They wildly outperformed expectations in week 1, winning a game they were already underdogs in with Rodgers. Yes, their Super Bowl hopes are gone, but acting like Monday proved the "Jets overrated" crowd right is asinine. Rather, Monday cemented what most others thought: the team indeed was/is again just a good QB away from contention. If Rodgers didn't get hurt they'd be in the top 5 of everyone's power rankings right now.

Quote from: NWI_Irish96 on September 13, 2023, 11:31:57 AM
Quote from: webny99 on September 13, 2023, 11:06:23 AM

If I'm the Bears I'd be willing to trade Justin Fields for one of their better pass rushers and an offensive lineman.
If I'm the Jets I'm not interested in Justin Fields. Wilson legitimately is a better passer. Fields' running ability isn't worth weakening the core of the team.

We saw how good their defense is. If on offense if they can build around the Hall/Cook RB duo and get top ~25 quarterback play from Wilson (or whoever they bring in, but it sounds like Wilson is the guy), I'm not counting them out of the postseason at all. Last year they were 5-2 before the injury bug bit them. Monday should have been a perfect storm for a second MetLife disaster in as many nights, and they won the game. Wilson looked noticeably better than last year.

Eagles
Bengals
Seahawks
Colts
Bucs
Chiefs
Packers
Bills
Chargers
49ers
Giants
Cowboys
Broncos
Patriots
Saints
Browns

Jets/Cowboys is kind of a reverse of Bengals/Cowboys in week 2 last year, when Dallas was missing Dak. The team without their starting QB pulled the upset in that one, but this time around the Cowboys pass rush is going to be too much for Wilson to handle, and Dak won't turn the ball over 4 times like Allen did.

Two divisional matchups set the tone in the AFC North. Plenty of teams coming off impressive wins and plenty of others coming off embarrassing losses.

mgk920

I heard some radio sorts-talk chatter about calling for an inquiry regarding the NFL playing on artificial turf due to the scope of Rodgers' injury, as well.  We shall see.

Mike

jlam

Yikes. 6-10 last week.

Vikings 20 @ Eagles 27

Packers 21 @ Falcons 19

Raiders 19 @ Bills 28

Ravens 23 @ Bengals 28

Seahawks 27 @ Lions 31

Chargers 17 @ Titans 20

Bears 24 @ Buccaneers 20

Chiefs 30 @ Jaguars 35

Colts 17 @ Texans 16

49ers 27 @ Rams 24

Giants 23 @ Cardinals 12

Jets 16 @ Cowboys 29

Commanders 15 @ Broncos 21

Dolphins 26 @ Patriots 21

Saints 23 @ Panthers 17

Browns 18 @ Steelers 20

jakeroot

I only wish it was Tom Brady's career that ended like this.  He deserved it more.

Man, get outta here with that, no one deserves to have their career end like this.

webny99

Quote from: jakeroot on September 13, 2023, 11:04:54 PM

Man, get outta here with that, no one deserves to have their career end like this.

Of course, but it is comically unfair that after decades of QB incompetence the Jets finally have a 4-time MVP and he plays one series before getting injured. That and the Bills then losing the game is such a perfect encompassment of the two franchises in a nutshell, it literally seems scripted.

webny99

I'm putting Brandon Staley on in-season firing watch. That's (unquestionably?) the four most inexcusable consecutive losses in NFL history. Four straight disastrous, gut-wrenching, same old Chargers type of losses, exactly the type of thing Staley was hired to prevent. Well, four in a row is enough for me to say he's not the guy.

Big John

The Packers thought they could just play 3 quarters. :banghead:

Big John

Nick Chubb suffered an injury so bad that replay would not be shown.

jgb191

Okay well now that CJ Stroud was sacked six more times yesterday, that brings his total times sacked to twelve so far this season -- at this pace he will be sacked over a hundred times in his rookie season.....assuming he even survives by January.  He is well on his way to breaking David Carr's incumbent record of 76 times sacked by Week 13.  David Carr the first Texans QB in franchise history was sacked 76 times in 2002 -- our inaugural season -- the most in NFL history.

Rumors already flying around our fanbase (in fact a few bets already reportedly taken) that CJ Stroud might retire before Christmas.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

jakeroot

Quote from: Big John on September 18, 2023, 09:19:00 PM

His 2015 injury was described as "grotesque"...from what I saw, this injury could be described similarly.  :-o

WillWeaverRVA

Quote from: jakeroot on September 19, 2023, 02:23:31 AM
Quote from: Big John on September 18, 2023, 09:19:00 PM

His 2015 injury was described as "grotesque"...from what I saw, this injury could be described similarly.  :-o

Apparently the UK broadcast of the game showed the injury from the angle that ESPN didn't show, and grotesque is almost not strong enough a word to describe it. Chubb's knee and lower leg basically shattered.
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.