News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

WI 83 Construction completed

Started by GeekJedi, January 21, 2012, 11:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GeekJedi

It's been done for a while, but nobody's brought it up. 

The WI 83 segment from between Mukwonago and Genesee Depot is done after a year of reconstruction.  WisDOT has done the typical straightening of curves, flattening of hills, rounding of bouts, and widening of roads.   :D

They actually did a very nice job.  The entire stretch is concrete, and is four lanes from Mukwonago to CTH X.  From CTH X  to STH 59 it's two lanes, but with enough ROW for four - the bridge over the creek is actually a four lane bridge, which is nice to see.

There are now roundabouts at CTH I, CTH X, and STH 59.  The lane drop at CTH X is handled well - the right lane routes to CTH X directly, while the left enters the roundabout.

I live in Mukwonago, so I am very familiar with that road, and it's a welcome improvement.  The stretch was a narrow hilly road with a 55 MPH speed limit.  Often people would drive much slower resulting in dangerous passing and many accidents and was real dangerous in the winter.
"Wisconsin - The Concurrency State!"

mgk920

Quote from: GeekJedi on January 21, 2012, 11:28:59 PM
It's been done for a while, but nobody's brought it up. 

The WI 83 segment from between Mukwonago and Genesee Depot is done after a year of reconstruction.  WisDOT has done the typical straightening of curves, flattening of hills, rounding of bouts, and widening of roads.   :D

They actually did a very nice job.  The entire stretch is concrete, and is four lanes from Mukwonago to CTH X.  From CTH X  to STH 59 it's two lanes, but with enough ROW for four - the bridge over the creek is actually a four lane bridge, which is nice to see.

There are now roundabouts at CTH I, CTH X, and STH 59.  The lane drop at CTH X is handled well - the right lane routes to CTH X directly, while the left enters the roundabout.

I live in Mukwonago, so I am very familiar with that road, and it's a welcome improvement.  The stretch was a narrow hilly road with a 55 MPH speed limit.  Often people would drive much slower resulting in dangerous passing and many accidents and was real dangerous in the winter.

And going over Google Maps aerial images, it shows the road 'during' and I am amazed that that entire highway section passes though an almost 100% urbanized area.  All that I can say is that I am glad that I don't have to mow any of those lawns every week!

I'll have to check it out in person someday.

Mike

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.