News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Request for some old Metro Detroit photos

Started by jOnstar, January 21, 2012, 02:15:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jOnstar

I have a pretty good collection from the city of Detroit, but I would like to get more of the metro area in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. I would love to find some old US-25 Gratiot Ave or even when US-25 rode along I-94 between Porth Huron and Detroit. If anyone has some good ones, post em up!

tradephoric

Here's a few i have, probably not many rare shots though:

Campus Martius

Woodward 1942, church in the immediate background is the Cathedral Church of Saint Paul off Hancock Street:

Operating a traffic light on Woodward Ave.

Shot of Cobo Hall roof, unknown year:

Chevy Plant parking lot in Flint, Michigan:

Woodward & 8 Mile Interchange, hasn't changed much through the years:

jOnstar

All pretty good pictures. I really like the 8 mile and Woodward Interchange photo on the bottom of your post. Such a cool shot, and nothing has changed all that much around there, but it's cool to see US-10 along Woodward. It's been quite a few years since I had a memory of a US-10 sign south of Bay City. I remember when they scaled it back, and MDOT was still in the process of replacing the signs along I-75/US-23 North of Flint that still showed US-10.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.