News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

US 67 and US 287 future interstate corridors south of DFW?

Started by motorola870, April 29, 2019, 10:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motorola870

Apparently TXDOT is in the process of closing off and modifying crossovers along US287 from east of SH360 to Waxahachie Bus287 split. They have closed off multiple crossovers and modified the Prairie Ridge Crossover. No northbound traffic can cross over at US287 to go northbound must take a right on southbound US287 and make a U-turn at the next crossover south of Prairie Ridge. Also they already have closed off the crossover that the Padera Lake Apartment development was hooked into which I'm shocked they did now traffic must enter and exit the development going northbound only. They closed off all of the crossovers just south of the Bus 287 split on the east side of Midlothian up until you get to the Walnut Grove/Plainview exit after that they haven't closed off anything between there and the Bus287 split on the east side of Waxahachie.

Bobby5280

I think TX DOT is just going to have to complete the continuous frontage roads along US-287 from the TX-360 interchange clear down to Ennis. There are decent segments of frontage roads along this stretch of US-287. But there are also way too many gaps. Given the pace of commercial and residential development in that area it looks like completed frontage roads are a foregone necessity.

Road Hog

I have obtained some information from TxDOT on the shutdown of crossovers. All the at-grade crossovers from Walnut Grove west to the Johnson County line will be closed and either existing interchanges or "Michigan lefts" will be utilized. What I was told didn't include from Walnut Grove east to Waxahachie, but I've heard crossovers there are next in the crosshairs.

debragga

I drive the Arlington to Waxahachie stretch of 287 pretty often, and can confirm that lots of crossovers have been closed. I can also confirm that people drive 80+ on there no matter what the speed limit is :-D

motorola870

Quote from: Bobby5280 on April 16, 2023, 08:38:55 PM
I think TX DOT is just going to have to complete the continuous frontage roads along US-287 from the TX-360 interchange clear down to Ennis. There are decent segments of frontage roads along this stretch of US-287. But there are also way too many gaps. Given the pace of commercial and residential development in that area it looks like completed frontage roads are a foregone necessity.
It is already in the works. They had an open house a few years back on this project they already have the plans drawn up for where the overpasses are going and yes there will be continuous frontage roads where possible. I believe the cross over change is just a temporary change so they don't have to install traffic signals at certain places due to how the traffic levels are increasing with the new residential areas going up in Mansfield, Midlothian and Waxahachie.

splashflash

https://www.focusdailynews.com/txdot-is-proposing-improvements-to-us-hwy-287-from-us-67-to-business-287-in-midlothian/

The proposed project includes constructing new two-lane northbound and southbound US 287 frontage roads with a six- foot sidewalk on the southbound side and a ten-foot shared-use path for bicyclists and pedestrians on the northbound side, new access ramps, and new grade separated interchanges. The project is approximately 8.3 miles long. The existing right of way is 250 feet and the proposed right of way ranges between 274 and 342 feet.

Meetings start in June.  Two non-residential buildings proposed to be demolished to make way for project.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.