News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

605 Sign Replacement Project

Started by Occidental Tourist, April 19, 2017, 12:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SignBridge

Okay, how's this for a laugh? After the 2009 MUTCD recomends against using a street name and city name on the same sign, (page 183, Sec. 2E-10) I discovered an illustration in the Manual that does exactly that. Check out page 205, figure 2E-12 where the legend on the exit sign is "Northern Blvd, Greenvale" I'm surprised I never noticed it before this. It's in direct conflict with the Manual's own advice. Somebody screwed up!

djsekani

Quote from: SignBridge on May 30, 2017, 09:34:36 PM
Good point about the 4-level interchange. In that case I guess Caltrans decided the route numbers were more useful than the old destinations. In fairness to them, it must have been a tough call. I guess there wasn't room to post every route number with a destination. But I too liked those old signs that said 5-Santa Ana, 10-San Bernadino.

After someone actually "defaced" the 110-Pasadena overhead to add a 5-North shield on there, I guess CalTrans decided it was a good idea.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.