News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Started by Brian556, March 27, 2015, 12:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NE2

While we're on the topic: I was walking next to a six-lane road today. A black man coming the other direction crossed to the median and back to avoid passing me. What the fuck.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

kphoger

I'm imagining you grinning like the smiley under your username. Which isn't working very well, since I have no idea what you look like. Which actually makes my imagination come up with an even more freaky grin. Anyway, out might also have been the sandwich board you were wearing that said "Defecating is sublime" or something like that.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

vtk

Nobody came up with the Family Guy punchline I set up. :pout:
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

tidecat

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
Clinched: I-264 (KY), I-265 (KY), I-359 (AL), I-459 (AL), I-865 (IN)

US 41

A 0 Dollar Bill. :bigass: Hopefully this don't count as politics because this is just a funny picture I saw on Facebook today and I thought of this topic.

Visited States and Provinces:
USA (48)= All of Lower 48
Canada (5)= NB, NS, ON, PEI, QC
Mexico (9)= BCN, BCS, CHIH, COAH, DGO, NL, SON, SIN, TAM

Scott5114

Quote from: US 41 on March 28, 2015, 09:48:43 PM
A 0 Dollar Bill. :bigass: Hopefully this don't count as politics because this is just a funny picture I saw on Facebook today and I thought of this topic.

No, but it does count as a bad photoshop because if the four black numbers on the corners (the Fed district number) were "13", the letter at the beginning of the serial number and in the seal at left (the matching district letter) would have to be "M". Because it's Z, the number should be "26". Furthermore, US currency has never had two letters at the end of the serial number (this is where the block letter goes). Likewise, the serial number is missing a digit; $1 bills have had 8-digit serial numbers with single letters on the beginning and end for almost 100 years at this point, there's no excuse for not getting it right.

Also, "R" hasn't been a valid plate position code since about the 1960s (whenever they switched to 32-subject sheets). The plate position codes changed recently with the change to 50-subject sheets, but R is still not a valid code (I believe it's A1-J5 now, with letters representing one axis and numbers the other). And what the hell did they do to Anna Escobedo Cabral and John W. Snow's signatures (who were both Bush appointees), anyway??

I can't make out the series year, but it looks like 2008, which would be another error–Obama didn't take office until 2009, and that is when the series year changes, not the year of election (all bills bearing the signatures of Obama's first set of appointees, Rosa Gumataotao Rios and Timothy Geithner, do indeed bear a series year of 2009, even the oddball Series 2009A we got on the $100s because of the problems with the Motion hologram feature causing unwanted creasing on the original Series 2009, which still has yet to be issued, even as every other denomination has transitioned to Series 2013).
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Pete from Boston

Quote from: Scott5114 on March 29, 2015, 04:34:57 AM
Quote from: US 41 on March 28, 2015, 09:48:43 PM

No, but it does count as a bad photoshop because if the four black numbers on the corners (the Fed district number) were "13", the letter at the beginning of the serial number and in the seal at left (the matching district letter) would have to be "M". Because it's Z, the number should be "26". Furthermore, US currency has never had two letters at the end of the serial number (this is where the block letter goes). Likewise, the serial number is missing a digit; $1 bills have had 8-digit serial numbers with single letters on the beginning and end for almost 100 years at this point, there's no excuse for not getting it right.

Also, "R" hasn't been a valid plate position code since about the 1960s (whenever they switched to 32-subject sheets). The plate position codes changed recently with the change to 50-subject sheets, but R is still not a valid code (I believe it's A1-J5 now, with letters representing one axis and numbers the other). And what the hell did they do to Anna Escobedo Cabral and John W. Snow's signatures (who were both Bush appointees), anyway??

I can't make out the series year, but it looks like 2008, which would be another error–Obama didn't take office until 2009, and that is when the series year changes, not the year of election (all bills bearing the signatures of Obama's first set of appointees, Rosa Gumataotao Rios and Timothy Geithner, do indeed bear a series year of 2009, even the oddball Series 2009A we got on the $100s because of the problems with the Motion hologram feature causing unwanted creasing on the original Series 2009, which still has yet to be issued, even as every other denomination has transitioned to Series 2013).

I don't think any of this was relevant to the creator's point.  Or maybe distraction from the real issue really helps make the point. 

Scott5114

Or maybe the real point isn't on topic for the board, so I had to find something else to comment on!
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.