White Castle opens it's first Florida location in 50 yrs

Started by roadman65, February 23, 2021, 12:35:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Max Rockatansky

OCGuy81

Isn't that Krystal territory? I always thought once you got south of the Mason-Dixon, White Castle became Krystal. 😂

roadman65

Quote from: OCGuy81 on February 23, 2021, 01:35:48 PM
Isn't that Krystal territory? I always thought once you got south of the Mason-Dixon, White Castle became Krystal. 😂

Nashville has both hamburgers in their market.

Sheryl Crowe

roadman65

I waited 90 minutes for my meal as the queue was extended outside under a tent.   The computer went down also for 20 minutes prior to my turn to order did not help either.

This was two weeks after the place opened.  Plus the drive through queue extended out on Daryl Carter Parkway with local law enforcement monitoring traffic. 

That was totally unbelievable as no place like this has ever had long waits even after opening day.

Sheryl Crowe

Rothman

Reminds me of the nonsensical hype over Sonic when it opened in Latham, NY a few years ago.  Neither Sonic nor White Castle are worth that silliness.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Avalanchez71

I seem to recall a White Castle in South Florida some time ago in the early 80s.  I think it was somewhere around SR 826 and SR 817.

Dirt Roads

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on June 12, 2021, 01:10:33 PM
I seem to recall a White Castle in South Florida some time ago in the early 80s.  I think it was somewhere around SR 826 and SR 817.

Well, you are correct about the location.  The first White Castle in Florida opened in the late 1950s and was located in Miami on West Flagler Street near the intersection of 27th Avenue (now also known as SR-817).  However, all of the White Castle stores in Florida were closed in 1967.  But I also remember this location.  My first stint working in Miami was from 1991 to 1995, and then I had several other stints there 1998-99 and 2006, as well as many shorter projects.  I stayed on 27th Avenue near the airport back in the middle stint.  Not sure why I've got the same memory that you have; perhaps someone maintained or restored the old building in tribute.

Flint1979

I hate White Castle. Last time I ate at one was in Calumet City, Illinois about 10 years or so ago. I was on my way back to Indiana from a White Sox game and was hungry and Denny's was closed so I settled for White Castle. I never did like them and didn't like them that night either. So I haven't been back to one since.

kevinb1994

Quote from: Flint1979 on June 19, 2021, 11:43:55 PM
I hate White Castle. Last time I ate at one was in Calumet City, Illinois about 10 years or so ago. I was on my way back to Indiana from a White Sox game and was hungry and Denny's was closed so I settled for White Castle. I never did like them and didn't like them that night either. So I haven't been back to one since.
I'm not a White Castle fan either since the one that opened near where I grew up in NJ was crap.

Smaller sliders than what they had in the past. No thanks.

I prefer Whataburger. I probably won't be going there though once the nearest Culver's opens up by the time Labor Day rolls around.

Flint1979

Quote from: kevinb1994 on June 20, 2021, 03:23:23 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on June 19, 2021, 11:43:55 PM
I'm not a White Castle fan either since the one that opened near where I grew up in NJ was crap.

Smaller sliders than what they had in the past. No thanks.

I prefer Whataburger. I probably won't be going there though once the nearest Culver's opens up by the time Labor Day rolls around.
I had Whataburger when I was in Texas one time that was pretty good.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.