News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Any female members on this forum?

Started by I-39, July 14, 2017, 09:27:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I-39

Serious question. I am genuinely curious to know how many members of this forum are female. From my experience, roadgeeking has been a predominantly guy thing, so how many females do we have on here? Not judging or anything, just genuinely curious.

Alps

About seven. (This is not sarcastic.)

Alps

(BTW, females may feel uncomfortable in a male-dominated forum, so you may not see the true number.)

US 81

Quote from: Alps on July 14, 2017, 11:58:56 PM
(BTW, females may feel uncomfortable in a male-dominated forum, so you may not see the true number.)

I know of one member who participates on occasion who is not comfortable indicating her gender openly on the forum - because I am related to her.

I-39

Quote from: US 81 on July 15, 2017, 09:44:32 AM

I know of one member who participates on occasion who is not comfortable indicating her gender openly on the forum - because I am related to her.

You both are right, so let me rephrase the question. Does anyone know of any female roadgeeks on this forum? You don't have to identify them, but I was just curious to know how many female roadgeeks there are and how they got into roadgeeking, since it is after all a predominantly male hobby.

Alps

US 82? :D

hotdogPi

Quote from: Alps on July 15, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

I-29 is more likely.

A different female member of this forum: vdeane. (It's in her profile, and she has corrected people referring to her as "he/him", so I'm okay saying this.)

Also, the stats say the male:female ration is 12.4:1, but this includes people who haven't posted at all (which is quite a lot), so this ratio can't really be trusted.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

jeffandnicole

I can overly guarantee the female name in my handle here isn't a poster. That said, she has become very good at seeing some of the oddities of road and highway stuff and will often point them out to me...and will even take pictures on occasion!

rickmastfan67

I've met 2 of the female members here myself personally.  Will not say who to be polite.

Alps

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on July 15, 2017, 11:11:59 PM
I've met 2 of the female members here myself personally.  Will not say who to be polite.
I met one of the 2 the same time I met you.

hbelkins

I have met one definitely female member of this forum, multiple times at meets, including first meeting her before she became Mrs. MD Roads.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Darkchylde

Well, I'm one of the highly elusive women on this forum.

froggie

^ But not so elusive that you haven't attended a meet...

US 81

Quote from: Alps on July 15, 2017, 01:57:38 PM

She really should be US 181 or US 281, but no.

Roadgeekteen

Any other gender people on this forum?
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hotdogPi

Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

Alps

There are approximately 10 active, declared nonmales on this forum. Make of that what you will.

NE2

I am passively nonmale but actively male. Make of that what you won't.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jp the roadgeek

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

freebrickproductions

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on July 18, 2017, 01:22:25 AM
Any other species on this forum?
What y'all never realized was the fact that I'm actually a dog. :bigass: :pan:

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

froggie

Quote from: 1 on July 17, 2017, 09:04:59 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 17, 2017, 08:52:37 PM
Any other gender people on this forum?

Yes. vtk is transgender.

Proper etiquette would be to let THEM announce for themselves...

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

jwolfer

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.