News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Arkansas Work Zone - I-40 in West Memphis (BB0108)

Started by AHTD, January 13, 2014, 06:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robbones

They got the outside lanes completed and traffic has shifted to those lanes. Now they are working on the inside lanes.

jpi

Can't wait until this is done, been traveling through there a couple times this year with a few more coming up so this will be nice when done.
Jason Ilyes
JPI
Lebanon, TN
Home Of The Barrel

AHTD

We are hoping to wrap up this project by the end of summer, if not before.

HOWEVER, once this work zone goes away, look for others to appear west of this location and east of Forrest City.

Keep your fingers crossed for a good summer construction season!
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

jkillmar

Why are there still barrels on I-40 East from the eastbound I-40/I-55 split?  All work appears to be completed from that point on.

AHTD

This job is winding down and the contractor is knocking out a few punch list items.

We want to open the lanes to traffic and not have to shut them back down for these items, so the barrels will stay until the last possible minute.

The good news here is that this project - in clearly our busiest truck corridor - is coming to a successful close!
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

jkillmar

I was also wondering why the on-ramps to I-40/I-55 east bound are not open.  It appears that the on-ramps only need to be swept clean and the barrels removed.

Zoinks

Quote from: jkillmar on May 11, 2015, 05:05:49 PM
I was also wondering why the on-ramps to I-40/I-55 east bound are not open.  It appears that the on-ramps only need to be swept clean and the barrels removed.

I think this is because the right lane of east-bound interstate traffic is taking up the space which will eventually be used for the on-ramp merge lanes. Once the lanes are shifted back towards the center, they can open the on-ramps.

The one on-ramp in the area for west-bound traffic remained open through the project due to there being no nearby or easily-accessible alternatives.

codyg1985

I can only imagine what sort of havoc this project is going to cause for Memorial Day traffic. I'm glad I am taking US 61 to US 49 en route to Denver next week. ;)
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

golden eagle

What's the traffic situation like around Forrest City? I was last there Thanksgiving 2013 and traffic was a mess on I-40 and U.S. 70.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.