Farthest license plate you've seen from the jurisdiction you're in

Started by andrepoiy, March 15, 2022, 06:14:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

golden eagle

I was in downtown Jackson today and saw an SUV with a Quebec tag. I've seen a Manitoba tag here before.

iowahighways

Several years ago, I saw a plate from Chihuahua, Mexico, on a Ford Lobo (their version of the F-series) in Des Moines. And it wasn't even on any of the Interstates – it was on US 6 through town.
The Iowa Highways Page: Now exclusively at www.iowahighways.org
The Iowa Highways Photo Gallery: www.flickr.com/photos/iowahighways/

chrisdiaz

I've seen Jalisco, Mexico in Rock Hill, SC. I've also seen Hawaii when I lived on Long Island.

MCRoads

I saw a Hawaii license plate in Yellowstone NP, 3,105 Miles.

Oh, and both our cars are registered in Alaska. Not sure if that counts though. If it does, probably when we lived in FL. Orlando FL (most southwest I have ever been in the car) to Juneau, AK is 3,236 Miles.
I build roads on Minecraft. Like, really good roads.
Interstates traveled:
4/5/10*/11**/12**/15/25*/29*/35(E/W[TX])/40*/44**/49(LA**)/55*/64**/65/66*/70°/71*76(PA*,CO*)/78*°/80*/95°/99(PA**,NY**)

*/** indicates a terminus/termini being traveled
° Indicates a gap (I.E Breezwood, PA.)

more room plz

steviep24

Here in western NY I have seen Alaska Plates a few times. Oregon and Washington show up every once in a while and I'll see California plates at least once a week.

KCRoadFan

I just wondered: has anyone seen a Mexican license plate in Canada, or vice versa?

jakeroot

Quote from: KCRoadFan on March 31, 2022, 12:32:47 AM
I just wondered: has anyone seen a Mexican license plate in Canada, or vice versa?

I have, in Vancouver. Cannot recall which state. I think I took a picture, I'll have to see if I can find it.

bing101

Hawaii, Nevada, Washington, Oregon, Arizona and Texas license plates are the most common out of state license plates I seen in California.

kphoger

Yep.  Already mentioned it.

Quote from: kphoger on March 15, 2022, 06:37:11 PM
Arizona in Switzerland
Québéc in Coahuila
Quintana Roo in Kansas
Guam in Kansas
Germany in Colorado

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

kkt

I had a bet with my child once.  We were in Mt. Rainier National Park in Washington.  She bet we'd see more California license plates than Oregon plates, and I bet that we'd see more Oregon plates than Californian.  I figured the ability to make a day trip from Portland would make up for the larger number of cars in California.  She won, but it was very close.  California would be ahead for a while, then Oregon, then California again.

michravera

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 15, 2022, 06:19:08 PM
I see every state at some point during the year in California.  Sure helps that I work on a military base, there is always variety with the enlisted people.

Including Guam and Puerto Rico, especially near Naval and Air Bases. I don't know, if I have ever seen a USVI or CNMI plate.

As an aside, doesn't USVI drive left (often with drive right cars)?

andrepoiy

Yes! Morelos (in Toronto) and Distrito Federale (in Niagara Falls)!

interstatefan990

California plates in both Orlando, Florida and Washington, DC.
Multi-lane roundabouts are an abomination to mankind.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.