News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Incorrect Reassurance Marker on TX 180

Started by Brian556, November 17, 2011, 11:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian556

This is SH 180, not SH 161. This is in Grand Prairie, TX
(photobucket distorted the sign during resizing)

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alps

agentsteel53

live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Takumi

Quote from: agentsteel53 on November 18, 2011, 07:45:53 PM
Quote from: Steve on November 18, 2011, 07:13:00 PM
Quote from: NE2 on November 18, 2011, 12:35:30 AM
This needed its own thread.
This needed its own reply.
This needed its own followup.  
This needed its own semi-off-topic observation.

And... we're done.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

txstateends

Maybe a sign goof, maybe not?  This sign is in the vicinity of where TX 161 intersects TX 180.  Currently, TX 161 doesn't fully cross both Main (TX 180) and Jefferson (and the UP/Amtrak RR in between) so anyone on the SB TX 161 service road approaching Main has to turn right on Main till the next street that crosses Main/UP RR/Jefferson, which would be 19th Street.  Then left on 19th to Jefferson, then left, till the TX 161 portion south of Jefferson, then turn right on the service road.  Conversely, NB TX 161 service road traffic has to turn right onto Jefferson, then left on Carrier Pkwy., which goes under both the railroad and Main, so in order to reconnect to TX 161, turn left at Dalworth, which will take you west back to TX 161.  This is all until the TX 161 main lanes/service roads are built to go under/over/whatever through the Main/Jefferson couplet.

If the East TX 161 sign were still there on TX 180 after the actual 161 is finished, THEN it might be a real sign goof.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Brian556

This sign is eastbound before 19th ST. Traffic going around the way you stated wouldn't ever see this sign.

txstateends

Quote from: Brian556 on November 22, 2011, 10:53:53 AM
This sign is eastbound before 19th ST. Traffic going around the way you stated wouldn't ever see this sign.

Actually, you're right, I didn't see all the surroundings at first glance....I see that bank/office building in the far distance that's at the corner of Jefferson and the TX 161 NB service road.

Sounds like a sign-goof by thismuch.  Could help tremendously if "East" (which is wrong whether the rest is sign-goof-ish or not) were exchanged with "TO", to help those leaving games at Rangers Ballpark or Cowboys Stadium.
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.