News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Maps of Alexandria, LA

Started by bugo, May 17, 2012, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Does anybody have any map scans of Alexandria pre-I-49?  I was fascinated with the road system as a child but I didn't have any close up maps of the town.  I'd love to see some maps from the '50s-'70s.

bassoon1986

I have some. I'll try and find them and scan them. Whats cool is to find things like the tri-plex of 71, 165, and 167 on MacArthur drive or the 2nd traffic circle that used to be on that highway

Urban Prairie Schooner

NE2

Search http://cida.usgs.gov/hqsp/apex/f?p=262:1 for Alexandria. They go back to 1944 (1:62500, doesn't show how the routes went in the city) and 1958 (1:24000).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alex

I have a 1970s Dolph Map of Alexandria in my collection. What would you like to see?

bassoon1986

map by GeoJosh, on Flickr

This from a 1973 Exxon map. Interesting to see the Pineville Expressway with the old 3xxx. You can also tell the old Murray St. bridge  is still there

mcdonaat

How about a Dep't of Highways map from 1954?

(hosted on my own website)

bugo

mcdonaat

Quote from: bugo on May 18, 2012, 04:37:46 PM
Thanks everybody!
Let me know if you need anywhere else in the state, I can send em your way

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.