News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Worst toys you had

Started by bandit957, November 24, 2019, 11:27:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Quote from: Rothman on December 12, 2019, 03:08:00 PM
How was it a scam?  Little brine shrimp always lived in the ones I saw.

They were advertised as some amazing creature, but they were just a little brine shrimp the size of a dust speck that lived only a few days.

My brother ordered some from a comic book, and they were a disappointment.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

roadman

Quote from: nexus73 on December 12, 2019, 01:34:07 PM
Going back to the Sixties: Bazooka bubblegum included a little comic.  Those comics had ads for various items on them.  One showed a pretty cool pair of walkie-talkies for 35 cents (which was real money back then as it would buy a pack of smokes, a gallon of gas or a burger and you got change back) plus half a dozen of the Bazooka comics.  The drawing did not match up with what I got, a cheap tin toy that had two pieces connected by a somewhat short string which was made in Taiwan.  That toy might have been worth 10 cents at a "five and dime" store, if that.  Boy was I disappointed and that is how I learned the value of skepticism when facing a deal which looked too good to be true.

I am still mad (but enlightened) about the bad deal to this day. 

Rick

I remember sending my $1.98 and ten comics in for a cheap plastic camera that used 127 roll film, which was already out of production by the time Bazooka offered the camera.  Of course, the required film type wasn't mentioned in the ad.
"And ninety-five is the route you were on.  It was not the speed limit sign."  - Jim Croce (from Speedball Tucker)

"My life has been a tapestry
Of years of roads and highway signs" (with apologies to Carole King and Tom Rush)

bandit957

I remember Bazooka having comics, but I don't remember them offering any prizes, toys, or items. Mostly, people would just hoard the comics, snicker at the jokes because they were so stupid, and chew huge wads of the gum and blow humongous bubbles.
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

GCrites

Are there new Bazooka Joe comics? Like Joe giving Mort a hard time for looking at his phone too much or something? Alexa can't understand Mort with his sweater over his mouth?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.