News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

Dough4872

74/171FAN

CE Expert System: 

District 5:  Hecktown Road Bridge over US 22

QuoteThe abutments will be moved back to allow for future widening of US 22 and the bridge will be elevated to allow for proper vertical clearance over US 22.

District 10:  US 219/PA 28 Brockway Intersection

QuotePurpose: The purpose of the project is the realignment of Evergreen St. along the north approach of US 0219. It will also include signal upgrades, improvements to traffic flow through the intersection with improved turning radius, signing, sidewalk reconstruction and drainage updates within the Limits of Work.Need(s):
The offset intersection alignment of Evergreen St. is a safety concern with a substandard turning radius. The existing signals do not provide full pedestrian controls. The turning radius of the intersection approaches results in damage to signage.

(For PA 309) PennDOT - District 6 News: Route 309 Connector Construction to Close Elroy Road Beginning July 10 in Franconia, Hatfield Townships

(For PA 32) PennDOT - District 6 News: Resurfacing Scheduled on Route 32 (River Road) in Nockamixon, Bridgeton Townships

(For US 1)  PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Planned Next Week on Old Lincoln Highway, Rockhill Drive in Bensalem, Middletown Townships
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

(For US 1) PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Planned at Night Next Week on U.S. 1, Rockhill Drive in Bensalem, Middletown Townships

QuoteSunday, June 25, from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning, northbound U.S.1 will be reduced to a single lane between the Street Road and Penndel/Business U.S.1 interchanges for a traffic pattern change to accommodate the opening of a new ramp to replace the existing on-ramp to northbound U.S.1 at the Neshaminy Interchange

(For PA 601 and PA 403) PennDOT - District 9 News: Public Meeting and Plans Display for the Route 601 (Hollsopple Bridge) Replacement Project in Somerset County

MASTERNC

Quote from: 74/171FAN on June 22, 2023, 03:40:03 PM
(For US 1) PennDOT - District 6 News: Construction Planned at Night Next Week on U.S. 1, Rockhill Drive in Bensalem, Middletown Townships

QuoteSunday, June 25, from 8:00 PM to 6:00 AM the following morning, northbound U.S.1 will be reduced to a single lane between the Street Road and Penndel/Business U.S.1 interchanges for a traffic pattern change to accommodate the opening of a new ramp to replace the existing on-ramp to northbound U.S.1 at the Neshaminy Interchange

Maybe that will coincide with the removal of the stop sign on the ramp from the Turnpike that causes major backups

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

ixnay

What's with the closure through July 11 of PA 611 between Richmond Road and Mount Pleasant Road in Northampton County?  That's two stretches of 611 closed between Easton and DWG.

74/171FAN

Quote from: ixnay on June 29, 2023, 05:22:40 PM
What's with the closure through July 11 of PA 611 between Richmond Road and Mount Pleasant Road in Northampton County?  That's two stretches of 611 closed between Easton and DWG.

The 511PA site states that it is due to a downed utility as of 9:35 AM today.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.