Non-Road Boards > Off-Topic

Early memories of TV where you can't identify the program

<< < (2/21) > >>

bandit957:

--- Quote from: lepidopteran on November 04, 2019, 10:27:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 02, 2019, 11:18:25 PM ---I remember watching a program as a small child that was a sitcom.  Its opening sequence had an escalator in the house that the family lived in.

--- End quote ---
There was an early-80s sitcom called Silver Spoons, with a pre-teen boy living in a filthy-rich household.  I don't remember an escalator, though.  Perhaps that was an occasional establishing shot.

--- End quote ---

It might have been 'Webster'.

RobbieL2415:
This one is super obscure:

I have this memory of a TV show on PBS where this guy is trying to get a magnetic tape recorder (reel-to-real) to work but the tape kept un-spooling.

I'm 90% sure its from an episode of Shining Time Station but in the episodes I've combed through I can't find a scene where this happens.

bandit957:

--- Quote from: RobbieL2415 on November 04, 2019, 07:58:23 PM ---This one is super obscure:

I have this memory of a TV show on PBS where this guy is trying to get a magnetic tape recorder (reel-to-real) to work but the tape kept un-spooling.

I'm 90% sure its from an episode of Shining Time Station but in the episodes I've combed through I can't find a scene where this happens.

--- End quote ---

I have a memory of one of those 15-minute educational shows on PBS where some kid stepped on a toy dinosaur and broke it, and another kid got mad. I've never been able to find it though.

For years, I remembered one of those shows that featured a boy walking around in a city in Quebec and asking people, "Do you speak English?" I finally found it after 30 years when it appeared on YouTube.

TheHighwayMan394:
There was some weird animated PBS thing once featuring a lady cleaning a bedroom or something, but the animation style was terrifying and scared me to tears.

roadman65:

--- Quote from: lepidopteran on November 04, 2019, 10:27:13 AM ---
--- Quote from: roadman65 on November 02, 2019, 11:18:25 PM ---I remember watching a program as a small child that was a sitcom.  Its opening sequence had an escalator in the house that the family lived in.

--- End quote ---
There was an early-80s sitcom called Silver Spoons, with a pre-teen boy living in a filthy-rich household.  I don't remember an escalator, though.  Perhaps that was an occasional establishing shot.

--- End quote ---
Long before Silver Spoon.  This was in the 60's that this was out.  I was born in 65, so it had to be around the time I remembered bits and pieces.  In fact when I was old enough to retain memories, Dick York left Bewiched and Dick Sergeant was already Darrin.  In fact in syndication when I first saw Dick York as Darrin, I started to think "Who is this yoyo playing Darrin?"  I actually thought Darrin 2 was Darrin 1 and probably the only one in the world who liked Darrin #2 over #1 all cause I saw the second first.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version