News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Getting YouTube videos back to normal size

Started by bandit957, July 26, 2018, 10:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit957

Today, YouTube made it so all the videos there are huge, nearly filling the whole browser window. This slows down your entire computer.

Anyone know how to get it back to normal size?
Might as well face it, pooing is cool

csw

Quote from: bandit957 on July 26, 2018, 10:24:49 PM
Today, YouTube made it so all the videos there are huge, nearly filling the whole browser window. This slows down your entire computer.

Anyone know how to get it back to normal size?
Yeah, don't think that's true at all, unless you're still running Windows 95....

Are you sure you didn't accidentally press the "theatre mode" button on the bottom right?

bandit957

Quote from: csw on July 26, 2018, 10:40:36 PM
Are you sure you didn't accidentally press the "theatre mode" button on the bottom right?

I'm 100% certain. But all videos now are in theater mode.

Max Rockatansky

bandit957

freebrickproductions

Yea, YouTube recently updated the video player so that it is huge. Haven't noticed any performance issues with it though (Win 7, 64 bit, 8 gigs RAM, Google Chrome), but I can't say I'm the biggest fan of the change, though we'll probably get used to it after a while...

At least the player conforms to the video frame now though (so standard screen videos are in a standard screen player).
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

jakeroot

freebrickproductions

Quote from: jakeroot on July 27, 2018, 01:52:29 AM
I haven't noticed any changes.
What are you using? Here's how it looks on my computer:

Here's how it used to look:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

US 89

Quote from: freebrickproductions on July 27, 2018, 03:26:10 AM

Here's how it used to look:

Holy shit, you have a lot of open tabs.

webny99

I go crazy if I have more than five tabs open at once.

vdeane

For me it's rather common to have a ton of tabs open (especially when I'm on the forum).  Whenever I see a link to something I'm interested in, a new tab opens, and I often don't bother to get to it until I finish whatever I'm doing in my current tab.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

jakeroot

Quote from: freebrickproductions on July 27, 2018, 03:26:10 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on July 27, 2018, 01:52:29 AM
I haven't noticed any changes.

Still normal over here. Though I almost always use Cinema mode.

webny99

Quote from: vdeane on July 27, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
Whenever I see a link to something I'm interested in, a new tab opens

Do you have Eye Control technology on your computer?  :-D

bandit957

I can't believe YouTube hasn't fixed this stupid problem yet.

jakeroot

Quote from: bandit957 on December 26, 2018, 08:59:28 PM
I can't believe YouTube hasn't fixed this stupid problem yet.

This problem was never broken for me.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: vdeane on July 27, 2018, 01:06:17 PM
For me it's rather common to have a ton of tabs open (especially when I'm on the forum).  Whenever I see a link to something I'm interested in, a new tab opens, and I often don't bother to get to it until I finish whatever I'm doing in my current tab.
Me to. I always have 25+ tabs open. I don't love it but I never want to close anything.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

vdeane

I don't know why, but it does seem that web developers love either maximizing browser windows or sideways scrolling, since many sites are optimized to be very wide.  The new Gmail design and sidebar ad on Inoreader stand out to me, but this would be just one more example.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.